Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    yeah considering how shite Arsenal were this is a great result, the away goal is crucial now and i think chelsea have missed their chance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sillynarb2)
    yeah considering how shite Arsenal were this is a great result, the away goal is crucial now and i think chelsea have missed their chance
    we WILL win

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    we WILL win
    I'm not sure. I've had a funny feeling all season Chelsea would do something this year. I think they will snatch a 1-0 next week. Arsenal in my experience in recent years bottle it on the big occasion, this will be the acid test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    I'm not sure. I've had a funny feeling all season Chelsea would do something this year. I think they will snatch a 1-0 next week. Arsenal in my experience in recent years bottle it on the big occasion, this will be the acid test.
    In recent year, we might have bottled it against Bolton and other similar games last year, but instead, we held our ground and did manage a quite comfortable 2:1 win, when for example last year, we might have buckled. This year is diferent to last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    In recent year, we might have bottled it against Bolton and other similar games last year, but instead, we held our ground and did manage a quite comfortable 2:1 win, when for example last year, we might have buckled. This year is diferent to last year.
    yeah and this year even when playing badly the gooners have some how pulled through, today being a prime example

i reckon they would beat Real any day but AC Milan will be so tough

ReputationRep:
    ha! henry, bergkamp and ljungberg hardly turned up, and chelsea still couldn't beat us. only bad thing is that desailly is banned now, he's slow and lumbering, would rather have him in centre defence at highbury.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    In recent year, we might have bottled it against Bolton and other similar games last year.
    HAHA, talk about twitching...

ReputationRep:
    "im my experience" what the hell are you talking about?

ReputationRep:
    yeah and this year even when playing badly the gooners have some how pulled through, today being a prime example

i reckon they would beat Real any day but AC Milan will be so tough
    AC Milan played really well yesterday (Imean day before yesterday). To be honest, we'll never know how good we are compared to those 2 till we play them. I hope we get to play both, so we know where we stand. I also hope that we don'tget too burned out with so many big games coming up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanMushMan)
    you can definitley see the huge improvement

i was at the Fiorentina game at Wembley when Batistuta scored the only goal and Arsenal looked lost, they were so poor and the pressure got to them, now they are totally different

ReputationRep:
    ha! henry, bergkamp and ljungberg hardly turned up, and chelsea still couldn't beat us. only bad thing is that desailly is banned now, he's slow and lumbering, would rather have him in centre defence at highbury.
    I hope the irony of Lehmann's crappy goalkeeping wasnt lost on u after ur recent spiteful comments about Tim Howard and Oliver Kahn.

Question: Who put the ball in ARSEnal's net?
    Answer: Half of f***ing Europe!

ReputationRep:
    lehman wasn't at fault!

Lauren was caught napping half way up the pitch so jens was forced to come charging out to prevent a certain goal, he was unlucky in that he failed

ReputationRep:

Great knock out examples include Man U and Liverpool in the FA cup in recent years. Big games = bottle it. Until they win the Champinons League you cannot say they dont bottle anymore, its as simple as that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Percy)
    I hope the irony of Lehmann's crappy goalkeeping wasnt lost on u after ur recent spiteful comments about Tim Howard and Oliver Kahn.

Question: Who put the ball in ARSEnal's net?
    Answer: Half of f***ing Europe!

kahn made a much worse blunder, lehmann had to run for the ball, otherwise gudjohnsen would've had a clear path to goal. True he could've dealt with it better, but he was unlucky that the ball hit gudjonso, and that it spun out right into his path.

As for Howard, you're having a larf. Fergie's already given up on him, Carrol will be in goal against us.

Jens made a fantastic double save a few minutes after his mistake, someone like Howard would've just cried about all 'the pressure.'

ReputationRep:
    lehman wasn't at fault!

Lauren was caught napping half way up the pitch so jens was forced to come charging out to prevent a certain goal, he was unlucky in that he failed
    Tobe fair, ur the type of person who probably defended Arsenal's behavious at Old Trafford last Septemember. You should take your rose- tinted glasses off some time, you might start seeing something resembling reality.

ReputationRep:
    kahn made a much worse blunder, lehmann had to run for the ball, otherwise gudjohnsen would've had a clear path to goal. True he could've dealt with it better, but he was unlucky that the ball hit gudjonso, and that it spun out right into his path.

As for Howard, you're having a larf. Fergie's already given up on him, Carrol will be in goal against us.

Jens made a fantastic double save a few minutes after his mistake, someone like Howard would've just cried about all 'the pressure.'

Thats a very biased opinon on Mr Lehman. Compared to Kahn he is poor.

ReputationRep:
    Great knock out examples include Man U and Liverpool in the FA cup in recent years. Big games = bottle it. Until they win the Champinons League you cannot say they dont bottle anymore, its as simple as that.
    what the fck recent years? We haven't lost an FA cup game for THREE years. Yet we've knocked Man U out without Henry, we've knocked Liverpool out, we've knocked Newcastle out, I don't have to tell you the number of times we've knocked Chelsea out, all since we lost to Liverpool. How many BIG games do you have to win? Still you need to talk about a team three years ago, which was very different team.

ReputationRep:
    Thats a very biased opinon on Mr Lehman. Compared to Kahn he is poor.
    Kahn is passed it. The country and media in Germany and treating him in a very similar way to Seaman. Lehman or the Stuttgart keeper should replace him.

ReputationRep:
    what the fck recent years? We haven't lost an FA cup game for THREE years. Yet we've knocked Man U out without Henry, we've knocked Liverpool out, we've knocked Newcastle out, I don't have to tell you the number of times we've knocked Chelsea out, all since we lost to Liverpool. How many BIG games do you have to win? Still you need to talk about a team three years ago, which was very different team.
    The Champions League. Win that and credit is due, other wise they are bottlers because they have a lot of talent on the pitch.

ReputationRep:
    The Champions League. Win that and credit is due, other wise they are bottlers because they have a lot of talent on the pitch.
    so every team who hasn't won the CL are bottlers? I'm sure you wouldn't say that about any of your rugger teams who fail to win some beer-sponsored trophy. You can only play as well as you can. Sure if you turn up, play very well, and still lose to a better side there's no way you can say they are bottlers. Maybe if you make it so far, every gets nervous and don't play to their potential, then you can call them bottlers.

Can't see how Arsenal not winning the Champions League is a big failure. The number one priority is and always is the league.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.