Turn on thread page Beta

T4 on the beach watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    so im going this sunday...what the heck do i wear???!!!

main issue is footwear, so its on a beach so its got to be sandle type things but i have got a long walk prior to this.
    also im very fair skinned so burn v. easier so i will be whipping out the old factor 30 but this doesnt help that much. i mean i dont want to have to cover up as it is supposed to be hot at the weekend but i dont want to burn and there may be a possibility that we wont be in much shade.

above all this what sort of style do i go for???? comfort over fashion???? practical but no fun!!

Any suggestions would be great!!!

ReputationRep:
    I went last year and I wore: linen 3/4 length skirt (nice and cool material), black vest (MISTAKE - should've been white) and took a fitted tee to wear over it in case it got cold/to protect my shoulders (i burn wicked easily also!). Turned out to be 32 degrees that day - we all got burnt like a mother despite putting plenty of sun cream on. Oh and I wore flip flops but took them off when we ran to the front...how sad are we? :P

My advice would be go for something cool and light, you don't wanna be carrying round a jumper all day. Possibly wear a hat to stop your head from burning because you'll be directly under the sun most of the time. A white tee would probably be okay, it'll protect your shoulders from burning but can still look cute with some beads or if its a little detailed. Will you have a car there? You could always take one pair of shoes for the walk, then another for the beach.

Hope thats helpful. Remember, loads of sun cream and lots of water. But if you're up at the barrier, they hand out plastic cups of water and fill up bottles if you have some. Have fun

ReputationRep:
    oohhh you sound like a pro...up at the barriers, thats hardcore. yeh i think ill take your advice and yeh i will have a car so spare shoes will be a good plan. ill go for a white top DEFFO to cover my shoulders and a nice skirt. and i will be sure to stock up on water and sun cream...anything to see Vernon :p: :p:

Thank you xx

ReputationRep:
    I'm deciding on the morning, I only live an hour or so away so depends what the weather is like!

Probs will be a denim mini and a polo shirt of some ilk, then either flats or flip flops (I'll take both and decide when I get there depends where we park, or put some in my bag!) and then I'm going to take a jumper for Justin too.

ReputationRep:
    oh wow, i just looked at the line-up...thats pretty damn cool. wish i was going now!

ReputationRep:
    Take one of those cropped cardigan things to cover up your shoulders without getting too hot! Have a great time... I'm not jealous....

ReputationRep:
    Wellies are a no no then? Haha I heard the sand is really muddy and messy?

ReputationRep:
    to be honest I wouldn't really worry. Just go in whatever you are comfortable with . I went last year and I'm pretty sure they had a tarpaulin type thing over the sand. Don't bother with wellies. Even if it does rain, it'll be easier just to get buddy and wash them? I'd go with flip flops or something.

ReputationRep:
    Are any of you travelling by the coach package? Do you have two sets of tickets - one for the coach, one for the park, or is it all the same?

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.