The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Applying for University of Edinburgh Help!!! please

Hello, my name is Tom, and i live in Hungary. I will finish high school in june 2014 and i would love to go to Univ. of Edinburgh, for Interior Design. The problem is that i don't know anybody in Edinburgh and i would like to get in touch with you guys who live there, in order to find some help with the application process and with accommodation. I would like to live in a flat with other 3,4 guys in order to cut the expenses, because for us Hungarians, living in other places represents a very big financial effort. I would like to ask you to help me a little bit because i am in doubt. I would also like to work part time, in order to support my expenses but given that i don't know anybody there, it will be hard for me. Thanks in advance, and have a nice day!
Hello Tom,

I don't know how much luck you'll have in sharing a flat between 3 to 4 people, as the university only accommodates up to 2 people in a room at most I believe, if you still want to split a room between 3 to 4 people you'll have to look for housing in the private sector, and be lucky enough to find people in the same situation. However, housing aside, make sure you're qualified enough to get into the university, good results and a good statement will get you into a good university. What subject will you be studying and what in particular do you need help with? I'm not a student as of yet, but I'll be in 2 weeks time.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by Turdean Tamas
Hello, my name is Tom, and i live in Hungary. I will finish high school in june 2014 and i would love to go to Univ. of Edinburgh, for Interior Design. The problem is that i don't know anybody in Edinburgh and i would like to get in touch with you guys who live there, in order to find some help with the application process and with accommodation. I would like to live in a flat with other 3,4 guys in order to cut the expenses, because for us Hungarians, living in other places represents a very big financial effort. I would like to ask you to help me a little bit because i am in doubt. I would also like to work part time, in order to support my expenses but given that i don't know anybody there, it will be hard for me. Thanks in advance, and have a nice day!

Hi Tom,
I started studying at Edinburgh Uni in 2011 so I will be starting my third year in about a month. I think most importantly get yourself a good personal statement ready so that you have the best possible chance of getting an offer. Then if you do get in to EU then they are so helpful. I found nothing difficult about finding accommodation and getting around and matriculating.

The least expensive type of accommodation is self catered. These are blocks of flats in lots of central locations in Edinburgh. I stayed at Robertson's Close in my first year and I was put into a 6 person flat with 5 other girls who were starting university as well. So that is a lot less expensive than going into Pollock Halls which is catered and you meet just as many new people as you would if you were going in to halls.

Getting a part time job is a good idea if you want a little extra cash. Just make sure you can stay on top of your workload and maybe get settled in for a few weeks before you start working. There are so many pubs/bars/clubs that will be looking to hire students all the time.

Good Luck and stay relaxed about the whole thing!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending