Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Any idea of when their next album is being released

Rep on offer for whoever gets there first

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there is another one for now...

ReputationRep:
    hey, i've not heard about their new album at all but i found a few songs not on Hot Fuss and am wondering whether they are new tracks, or just really old ones. Anyway they are:

all the pretty faces
    another life
    piece of my heart
    the ballad of michael valentine
    where is she

Not too sure where they're from or anything!

ReputationRep:
    Ah just found this

http://www.nme.com/news/the-killers/21127

so i would assume later this year?

ReputationRep:
    Soon hopefully.

They are awesome. Hopefully it won't be a disapointing follow up album like keane's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.ndrew)
    Soon hopefully.

They are awesome. Hopefully it won't be a disapointing follow up album like keane's
    they are alright (mr.brightside, smile like you mean it and all these things that i've done were good) but never bothered to get the album because they are a bit too camp for my liking:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by za4r)
    they are alright (mr.brightside, smile like you mean it and all these things that i've done were good) but never bothered to get the album because they are a bit too camp for my liking:eek:
    Too camp? Explain...

I have some random song which someone sent me but it was from a while ago and nothing special, I will buy the follow up when it comes along most likely but I'm not too bothered, good indie pop though.

ReputationRep:
    They've been in the studio since late February so hopefully everything will be ready fairly soon. I'm excited to hear the new stuff since Hot Fuss was awesome. I kept hearing Somebody Told Me on the radio and didn't really like it but then got the album and I liked it almost instantly.

ReputationRep:
    Midnight show is underrated, Andy you're a star is overrated.

ReputationRep:
    heard on virgin radio a couple of months ago that they'd been in the studio for most of the year and were looking to release their next album in september... i remember this cos i text my friend straight away saying it... their next release is being referred to as 'the gorrilla' because its going to be massive.

can't wait!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Decent_Jam)
    Midnight show is underrated, Andy you're a star is overrated.
    Ill ignore that second comment :p:

I love that song... :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    They milked Hot Fuss for all it was worth. I got sick of hearing their re-released tracks being played continually on the radio.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlmostInsane)
    They milked Hot Fuss for all it was worth. I got sick of hearing their re-released tracks being played continually on the radio.
    They didn't milk Hot Fuss nearly as much as Maroon 5 milked Songs About Jane.

ReputationRep:
    Too camp? Explain...
    yeh when i've seen the lead perform he always moves around the microphone like he's [email protected] the thing rubbing his privates over it:eek: . Also those white suits are totally camp.

They have the charecter of being gay not do disimilar to that of the scissor sisters

ReputationRep:
    They're awesome live! I saw them at.....god, somewhere in London last Feb and they were brilliant

ReputationRep:
    lol random site to find news on the new album, but... http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/060610/1/7bha.html

cant wit, should be good. anyone ever hear their song about that scottish girl who was killed by her boyfriend? it called where is she i think. good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady_Muck)
    They're awesome live! I saw them at.....god, somewhere in London last Feb and they were brilliant
    :ditto: to that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DenkMit)
    lol random site to find news on the new album, but... http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/060610/1/7bha.html

cant wit, should be good. anyone ever hear their song about that scottish girl who was killed by her boyfriend? it called where is she i think. good.

yeah, thats one of my favourite killers songs, along with replaceable and change your mind. such a good song x

ReputationRep:
    Lol I've never heard of these songs, I'm such a noob!

Anywho you can understand why the lead guy is camp, his surname is Flowers for god sake. Also I like the white suit thing it suits them (no pun intended) as it does the Hives. .

Are Maroon 5 are ace commercial radio, I would rather hear there songs in place of every crappy unimaginative r 'n' b and dancy number.

ReputationRep:
    Are Maroon 5 are ace commercial radio, I would rather hear there songs in place of every crappy unimaginative r 'n' b and dancy number.
    Completely agree but they I got bored of the album ages ago. They should hurry up and release new material..its been 3 years..

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.