Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Maroon 5 - :rofl:

Sums them up..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.ndrew)
    Maroon 5 - :rofl:

Sums them up..
    their first song 'harder to breathe' was quite good but after that it became lovy-dovy and i realised my mistake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by za4r)
    their first song 'harder to breathe' was quite good but after that it became lovy-dovy and i realised my mistake
    Yeh that was a good tune, for a while.

Their album was a pile of bat droppings.. Bloody awful.

ReputationRep:
    i was wise enough not to buy their album heard it before and thought no...........do any of you guys actually know where the killers have gone cuz im kinda missin their stuff Hot Fuss is great but would like something new too..........are they goin on tour any time soon?...............also......do es anyone here like snow patrol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angel wings)
    i was wise enough not to buy their album heard it before and thought no...........do any of you guys actually know where the killers have gone cuz im kinda missin their stuff Hot Fuss is great but would like something new too..........are they goin on tour any time soon?...............also......do es anyone here like snow patrol?
    Yeh, im eagerly waiting for some new material from Killers.. Hot Fuss is still a great album in my opinion.

I like Snow Patrol, they are good. :rock:

ReputationRep:
    of course its a great album..........but you could always do with more...........you were right about keanne........their second one was a bit of a disappointment..........is anyone going to thatfestival next month where snow patrol are playing? cant remember what its called............i coulda got tickets but im away............really wanted to go

ReputationRep:
    of course its a great album..........but you could always do with more...........you were right about keanne........their second one was a bit of a disappointment..........is anyone going to thatfestival next month where snow patrol are playing? cant remember what its called............i coulda got tickets but im away............really wanted to go
    I wish...

Would be good to see keane live. Ive only heard good things about their live performances.

Under The Iron Sea was a disappointing album, but im sure it will grow on me, not as much as Hopes and Fears.

I want more Killers.

ReputationRep:
    Killers are amazing, it's so annoying how all the best bands seem to take ages to make new albums.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icedout)
    Killers are amazing, it's so annoying how all the best bands seem to take ages to make new albums.
    Knowing you lot you will probably all moan when it arrives and say it isn't as good at Hot Fuss regardless of what it's like.

I agree about Maroon 5 it HAS been too long, but hey I'm not worried, I'm content with Under the Iron Sea, only one song on it I don't like and I like the style, it's less samey than Hopes and Fears which is good. Also there arn't any chorus' like 'This Is The Last Time' where he sings one line with no variation whatsoever, closest is 'Is It Any Wonder' and that chorus works well.

Still like the song btw just aggrivated me lol. As for Snow Patrol yes I like them, have Final Straw and have heard the new album, planning to get it after exams, I can't help but notice the single is similar to 'Spitting Games' in a couple of ways heh, well stick with what you can do I guess, worked for The Ramones.

ReputationRep:
    whats snow patrols new album actually called?..........havent heard it yet..........oh no.............i remembered what that festival is after i goodish nights sleep.............i think its called latitude.........anyone going?.........got tickets?............what other music do you guys like?...........im up for just about anything....................as long as its not completely awful..............anyone got any new yet to be discovered bands that are any good?

ReputationRep:
    Eyes Open: it's a great album, favourite tracks are Open your eyes, hands open, chasing cars and Your all i have: the rest are good but not as good as those i've mentioned. I've overplayed it too much and i'm getting a bit bored of it now but i'll give it a rest and play it in a few weeks.

ReputationRep:
    good idea......i need to find someone whos got it and borrow it.......i would buy it but dont have any money ...............no update on any new bands then?..........i want some new listening............although all the stuff i listen to is great i get kinda bored of listening to it all over and over again.....need something new

ReputationRep:
    good idea......i need to find someone whos got it and borrow it.......i would buy it but dont have any money ...............no update on any new bands then?..........i want some new listening............although all the stuff i listen to is great i get kinda bored of listening to it all over and over again.....need something new
    It's difficult to suggest bands, give a few more you like already or something, good album's I've got recently have been 'Lights and Sounds' by Yellowcard, 'In With The Out Crowd' by Less Than Jake, a lot of stuff by Matchbox 20, 'Young For Eternity' by The Subways and 'Under The Iron Sea' by Keane.

Also I would reccomend Jimmy Eat World, Home Grown, The Starting Line and Midtown for fairly poppy friendly music.

By the way, are the dots really necessary, it makes it a little irritating to follow is all.

ReputationRep:
    Love yellowcard...........Jimmy Eat World are good.............i like most things really..........a new discovery i quite like is Panic!At the disco.............also like snow patrol, the killers, razorlite..........any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    Love yellowcard...........Jimmy Eat World are good.............i like most things really..........a new discovery i quite like is Panic!At the disco.............also like snow patrol, the killers, razorlite..........any suggestions?
    If you like yellowcard you'll get on with those bands I mentioned before, Artic Monkeys are the 'original' Panic! so check them out, and the Kooks are supposed to be good, at least all the people I know who like Panic! like them so hey. As well as that, hmmm....

The Bravery
    Hard-fi
    Goldfinger
    The Music (second album 'Welcome to the North')

Plenty to keep you going from me hehe.

ReputationRep:
    thanx hun..........know of quite a few of them already but i'll have a listen to the ones i don't

ReputationRep:
    off the subject slightly the new Korn track - coming undone is wicked, i've played it over 40 times and i still haven't got bored

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by so_this_is_sam)
    hey, i've not heard about their new album at all but i found a few songs not on Hot Fuss and am wondering whether they are new tracks, or just really old ones. Anyway they are:

all the pretty faces
    another life
    piece of my heart
    the ballad of michael valentine
    where is she

Not too sure where they're from or anything!
    The ballad of Michael Valentine is a b side track to Somebody told me- never heard the other ones though! I will be scouring Limewire for those! :rolleyes:

They're releasing their new album towards the end of the year- and apparantly it's gonna be more influenced by American bands seeing as their first album was mostly english inspired (the smiths etc). I can't wait to hear it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JimmyStew)
    Any idea of when their next album is being released

Rep on offer for whoever gets there first
    Unofficially the new album is out in September and the Killers have moved to London to put the finish the album - Heard it on the radio

Hot Fuss was probably one of the best albums ive heard for quite a while......lets just hope there new one is just as good...gonna be quite hard to replicate it though

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.