Turn on thread page Beta

I was thinking that - that the follow-up would be difficult for them. Hot Fuss was 80% perfect. They have spent a very long time on this new one, though, so I'm expecting great things. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hot Fuss Rulezzz!!!1111

(Original post by n u c l e a r b u d d h a)
    I was thinking that - that the follow-up would be difficult for them. Hot Fuss was 80% perfect. They have spent a very long time on this new one, though, so I'm expecting great things. :p:
    id say 95% perfect....there wasnt a bad track on the album :p: ...but yeh hopefully the new one will be even better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #2(Laika))
    id say 95% perfect....there wasnt a bad track on the album :p: ...but yeh hopefully the new one will be even better
    :ditto:

I still love Hot Fuss after all this time. So that fills the gap that is waiting for the new stuff to be released

(Original post by A.ndrew)

I still love Hot Fuss after all this time.
    same here

ReputationRep:
    I think they are defo bringing a new album out soon, anyone heard 'under the gun' its on the special edition of their old album! It’s a mint song! And Mr Brightside is my fave tune of all time! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Mr Brightside - :cool:

(Original post by SoapBox)
    anyone heard 'under the gun' its on the special edition of their old album!
    nope havent heard it

ReputationRep:
    Personally I didn't like 'Everything Will Be Alright' but otherwise the album is solid no question, Mr Brightside and Midnight show have to be my top two, obviously Somebody Told Me sneaks into third heh.

As for what someone said about it being hard to replicate. NO that's the wrong word, we don't want another Hot Fuss, because then we'll all be bored and say Hot Fuss was better, definately with so much time away from us they would do well to release a decent progression, natuaral and flowing and brilliant, don't you agree?

(Original post by Decent_Jam)

As for what someone said about it being hard to replicate. NO that's the wrong word, we don't want another Hot Fuss, because then we'll all be bored and say Hot Fuss was better, definately with so much time away from us they would do well to release a decent progression, natuaral and flowing and brilliant, don't you agree?
    yep...i agree.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently the songs have been influenced by classic American rock like Bruce Springsteen and The Doors. According to Brandon, it's going to be more serious than Hot Fuss.

Completed tracks: Where the White Boys Dance, Confession of a King, Read My Mind, My List, My Uncle Johnny Did Cocaine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicdreamer)
    Apparently the songs have been influenced by classic American rock like Bruce Springsteen and The Doors. According to Brandon, it's going to be more serious than Hot Fuss.

Completed tracks: Where the White Boys Dance, Confession of a King, Read My Mind, My List, My Uncle Johnny Did Cocaine
    Sounds like it could be a very interesting album :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoapBox)
    I think they are defo bringing a new album out soon, anyone heard 'under the gun' its on the special edition of their old album! It’s a mint song! And Mr Brightside is my fave tune of all time! :p:
    Yehh I have it is a great track, as is Change Your Mind which I think I may have mentioned before. I do believe CYM was on the US versh of Hot Fuss.:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loradora68)
    Yehh I have it is a great track, as is Change Your Mind which I think I may have mentioned before. I do believe CYM was on the US versh of Hot Fuss.:cool:
    All I know about the US version is that the cover is black and Glamorous Indie Rock is a bonus track.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Decent_Jam)
    All I know about the US version is that the cover is black and Glamorous Indie Rock is a bonus track.
    The one with the black cover is the limited edition version. It has Glamorous Indie Rock & Roll, The Ballad of Michael Valentine and Under the Gun as bonus tracks.

The normal US version has the blue cover and has Change Your Mind instead of Glamorous Indie Rock & Roll.

(Original post by A.ndrew)
    Sounds like it could be a very interesting album :eek:
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicdreamer)

Wow I can't wait till it comes out. I haven't listened to any of Springstein or The Doors, even though I'm into alot of classic stuff. Confession of a King so sounds like it's about Elvis. Are those new tracks up on limewire do you know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoldStar)
    Wow I can't wait till it comes out. I haven't listened to any of Springstein or The Doors, even though I'm into alot of classic stuff. Confession of a King so sounds like it's about Elvis. Are those new tracks up on limewire do you know?
    I doubt it. They might not even be 100% complete, i.e. still need to be mixed or mastered or something. There's still a couple months until the potential release date.

ReputationRep:
    if the album hot fuss is as good as you all say it is then you are telling me that the tracks on the album are better than those released as singles which were in all good but not THAT good:confused: :confused:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.