The Student Room Group

Waitrose VS Boots thread

N/a
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
Hi :smile: I'm also 17 and I currently have a weekend job at Boots. I was a Christmas temp but then at the end of that I was offered a permanent job so there's always the possibility of that happening with you. The hourly pay for Boots I think varies depending on how long you've worked there because I recently had a slight pay rise. It ranges from roughly £6.30 - £7.10 an hour. So it's above the minimum wage. I'm not sure about Waitrose though I'm sure it would be similar. During a Boots interview you'll be asked questions such as: what qualities do you have which will help with this job? examples of times you'e worked as a team, problems faced and how you overcame them, etc. And then you may have to go onto the shop floor with the interviewer and they'll observe you whilst you talk to the customers about a particular product or something. But don't worry because you're given the information beforehand about the product. But anyway during both interviews ensure that you're friendly, polite, fairly confident etc. Make it clear that you really want this job, go in there with a positive attitude. Good luck! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by evekemp
Thank you!! So when you first started at Boots as the Christmas temp, how much were you getting per hour then and did it increase when you became permanent or not? Thank you for the advice and reply! The only thing that seems to be drawing me to Waitrose at the minute is the fact people say they have time and a half on Sundays! But I'd be happy and grateful with any job so I'm not going to let pay completely make me decision! Do you enjoy working at Boots?:smile:

No problem! :smile: Hmm when I first started I was only 16 and I was payed £6.33 an hour. But about three months ago I noticed on my pay slip that I'm now being payed £7.09 an hour. I think everyone in the store got a pay rise...not actually sure why but I'm not complaining haha. Anyway anyone who is over the age of 18 gets payed over £7 an hour. Just for under 18's it's sometimes a bit below that. And yeah I really enjoy working at Boots. I was kinda nervous at first but everyone was really helpful and friendly. And when you first start working there, there is always someone with you at the till to help if you have any problems. And whilst I'm working there the time tends to go quite quickly because it's always busy at the weekends :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by evekemp
Wow that sounds so good! How many hours do you work per week?:smile:

I usually just work 6 hours a week on either Saturday or Sunday, but since it's the summer holidays now I've been doing lots of extra hours which is kinda good :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending