The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Exams don't keep me awake at night unless I'm really really worried about them, but if I know I've prepared as much as I can in the time I have, then I know there's no more I can do. I generally get to sleep quite easily, maybe within 5-10 minutes of lying down... the only time reason why I don't sleep sometimes is because I'm up revising, sometimes until 2 or 3 in the morning, simply because I didn't do enough revision beforehand :frown:
butterfly_girl_5
I cant sleep because of the damn mosquitoes that fly into my ear every time I turn off the light

Don't get me started on mosquitoes..!!
I stay up late cramming too. It's strange, people always tell you how this is the worst thing you can do, but it works really well for me. Conspiracy? Anyway, I can't sleep, because my mum just had an operation, so my dad has to sleep in the spare room, which is right next to my room. He snored like a dying walrus all last night, thrashed around on a squeaky bed, occasionally coughing and spluttering. I had earplugs; put a pillow over my head, and eventually lugged my duvet into the lounge. I could still hear him, almost as loud. This was at 4:30 in the morning. Eventually I decided I might as well just go back to my room and be comfy; upon entering I saw a huge spider reclining on my sheets. I spent the rest of the night worrying about it crawling onto my face, and how I'd be too tired for science in a couple of hours. By then the sodding seagulls were screeching away right outside my window.
Reply 23
All the time, every night. But I've never been able to sleep anyway exams or not, but you add boiling hot weather on to that as well as some really interesting late night tv shows, not to mention a challenge of writing 100,000 words in 3 months... Well you've got an impossibility on your hands...
Reply 24
They are flies, not mosquitos.

You don't get mosquitos in the UK.
Reply 25
No. I have a simple method. Clear your head about anything to do with exams. It only works when you are thinking of something else. This could be anything really. Whatever works for you. Just don't think of exams. Start reading a funny book or something.. or listen to the radio for a bit or think about something nice that happened someday. You know the drill :smile:

The only time I have trouble sleeping is when I need to stay up most of the night working XD
Socrates

Erm, yes, we do have mosquitos here. I think they tend to be less disease ridden though, which is fortunate for us.
Reply 27
Sparklie
Start reading a funny book or something.. or listen to the radio for a bit or think about something nice that happened someday. You know the drill :smile:

This really does work for me! Those are the kinds of things I always do to de-stress. And you'll see, you end up becoming more positive, which is an essential feeling to have when entering exams! :smile:
Reply 28
lol; i dont sleep much
even if i do
im still sleeeepppyy
Reply 29
Major
Erm, yes, we do have mosquitos here. I think they tend to be less disease ridden though, which is fortunate for us.

Or are they midges :rolleyes:
Nope. Common misconception. Mosquitoes are here. None or less malaria though. Im pulling an all nighter tonight, and i am already tired at 5.44 so im fudged. Im repping butterfly girl, cos that mosquito story made me laugh a lot.
My parents wouldn't let me stay up all night revising anyway :confused: OK, I'm 18, so they couldn't actually stop me, but they'd keep nagging me to go to bed until I did it just to shut them up :p: The latest I can stay up revising without them moaning is 11. Also, am I the only one who finds Pro Plus absolutely usless?? My best friend, my brother and my mum have all said it's really good, but I took a couple of tablets on Sunday because I was really tired after being dragged out clubbing for my brother's birthday the night before and I had to revise for my English exam the next day and they didn't do a thing!
Reply 32
Hola mon amigos!

Not sleeping all night? Ouch! I hope you took some caffeine? I did that once and only once...last week. I learnt through that never to do it again. Its well.. painful especially if you have 2 exams the next day.

The coffee upset my system and I felt like I was going to throw up throughout the day and I couldnt eat properly which just made it worse :s-smilie:

Sleep is good.. :p: Its great :biggrin: Sleeping is all part of the preperation. I hope you did well. Come back and collapse on the bed yeah? Im sure you need it :smile:
Socrates

I know a mosquito when I hear one. Plus I got bitten. Flies dont bite
Reply 34
I got 3 hours last night and the night before.... I left revision to the very very last minute.
Reply 35
never drink coke the night before an exam...it took me 3 hours to get to sleep last night :frown:
11pm? Heck, I stay up until 12 on most nights anyway, even without exams. :p: Yeah, I know it's not good for your health and all that jazz, but...

I revise until 11 normally, but I can't really take anything more in after that. Although yesterday I was revising Physics until 12:30. That's the latest.

I haven't slept at all well the last few days though... need to catch some sleep this weekend!
Reply 37
Sleep is a good thing. :smile: For my first few exams I was staying up till 3AM to revise (I work best under last minute pressue), but it really wore me down when I had an exam every morning for a week. Eventually I just stopped and started going to bed before 1, and it's worked so much better.

The best tip I can give you for going to sleep is... err... don't drink any caffeine. :wink:

Latest