Ejaculating without any pleasure/orgasm???

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello, This is really a serious issue for me, I have been feeling really depressed lately because of this problem. When I ejaculate I feel no pleasure or orgasm whatsoever, everything building up to it is still pleasure but when I ejaculate there is no sense of release or orgasm. I have been having this problem for the past three weeks or so. I don't know what's wrong me. I am healthy, 22 year old male. I googled my condition and I found that its most likely to be sexual anhedonia. however I cant find any definitive answer as to its causes or cures. Im worried if its a permanent thing or temporary. Can someone shed some light on this sensitive issue. thank you, I really appreciate your help
Advertisement
unprinted
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes, ejaculation and orgasm are two separate processes. Just as it is possible for men to orgasm without ejaculation (it happens occasionally to me, but it's not something I can control) it is possible to ejaculate without orgasm.

It used to happen occasionally to me, but since I learned the signs - not being into whatever was happening, so barely having an erection etc - I now just stop doing whatever because I know the end result won't be with the effort.

Do you still enjoy the arousal and plateau phases of your sexual response?

Orgasm intensity can change over time, and it's likely that they will get better even if you don't do anything about it, but have you considered talking to your GP / a sexual health clinic? They can investigate any possible causes.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by unprinted)
Yes, ejaculation and orgasm are two separate processes. Just as it is possible for men to orgasm without ejaculation (it happens occasionally to me, but it's not something I can control) it is possible to ejaculate without orgasm.

It used to happen occasionally to me, but since I learned the signs - not being into whatever was happening, so barely having an erection etc - I now just stop doing whatever because I know the end result won't be with the effort.

Do you still enjoy the arousal and plateau phases of your sexual response?

Orgasm intensity can change over time, and it's likely that they will get better even if you don't do anything about it, but have you considered talking to your GP / a sexual health clinic? They can investigate any possible causes.
Yes, I still enjoy arousal and everything building up to the point of climax, but the climax itself is not pleasurable whatsoever. I haven't considered any medical help as of yet, as I am trying to find out much as possible before I do go to my gp. I read on wiki that this condition maybe caused because of vitamin B12 intake. I don't know how reliable this is (after all its wiki). I have been taking multivitamin tablets lately, which consists of vitamin B12 among others. Do you think that's the route cause?
Advertisement
unprinted
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Dunno. I am deeply suspicious of 'it's this vitamin' claims for things like this, but if you are already taking the tablets it's fine to think they will help.

It looks like a good excuse to see how long you can stay plateauing then!
Anonymous #1
Dunno. I am deeply suspicious of 'it's this vitamin' claims for things like this, but if you are already taking the tablets it's fine to think they will help.

It looks like a good excuse to see how long you can stay plateauing then!
Don't really understand what you are getting at :/ Anyway, do you think conditions like this are permanent? I have stopped having sex/masturbating for a couple of days now, giving it a rest for a while. if I still have the same condition, I will definitely consider going to my GP. Seriously guys, have anyone experienced similar conditions to mine, and have good advice to share? I am really depressed and worried at the moment.
Advertisement
unprinted
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The second paragraph? 'See how long you can avoid coming' would be another way of putting it.
Anonymous #1
The second paragraph? 'See how long you can avoid coming' would be another way of putting it.
oh okay then, its been a couple of days now, I guess I could wait for a week or so.
Advertisement
unprinted
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No, I meant 'how long can you enjoy masturbating / partner sex before ejaculating', i.e. getting more of the bits you still enjoy.

Having said that, not ejaculating for a while may help.
King Kebab
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Have you been suffering from stress at all lately?

(Besides the stress from what you just described of course?)
Advertisement
Anonymous #1
(Original post by King Kebab)
Have you been suffering from stress at all lately?

(Besides the stress from what you just described of course?)
no I don't think I have, apart from the stress from this of course.
King Kebab
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
no I don't think I have, apart from the stress from this of course.
My uncle who is a GP said that stress harms things like Sex drive and stuff so I wondered if it may have been that. I can't really think of anything else.
Advertisement
Anonymous #1
(Original post by King Kebab)
My uncle who is a GP said that stress harms things like Sex drive and stuff so I wondered if it may have been that. I can't really think of anything else.
Maybe, im not sure to be honest, I have been quite busy as of late because of all the submission deadlines ive had in the past month or so. Although I have been working non-stop with a lot of pressure, I wouldn't say I was really stressed/depressed at any point.
Anonymous #2
Report 6 years ago
Hi, did you have any luck overcoming this problem? Also been suffering with it for a while now.
Advertisement
kevinkrieger
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Means you're low on testosterone .
moonkatt
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by kevinkrieger)
Means you're low on testosterone .
Care to back this up with any evidence?
petebee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Sure does, that's exactly what it is, I had mine tested in my early 30s and my T was in line with a man in his 80s! I got no treatment whatsoever because i'm "still in range" which covers up to 100 year old.. Even if you were 18 & your T result was that of a 100 year old they'd still tell you that you are in range. NHS should be ashamed of this treatment. When it's a woman going through menopause they hand over drugs no problem.
Last edited by petebee; 10 months ago
Harry_1717
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hello bro. Have you found out what the problem was yet ? I’ve been having this condition too for almost 2 years already I believe, and it also depresses me so much. Please share some information that you know. Thank you 🙏🏻
Advertisement
CathyND
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Pleasure dissociative orgasmic disorder or orgasmic anhedonia may be caused by psychologic issues such as depression or drug addiction, or by physiologic issues such as high levels of prolactin, low levels of testosterone, use of medications such as SSRI antidepressants and oral contraceptives, or chronic medical problems such as spinal cord injury and chronic fatigue syndrome.Make sure you're sleeping well. Avoid coffee as that tends to contribute chronic fatigue. When taking vitamins, make sure to EAT them versus taking pills. If not eating it, make sure the vitamins are liquid for better absorption.
Brandon75
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi I’m 17 and going through this can anyone help!!
ryanreggie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hello, I'm 40 and suffering from this, no feeling at all when ejaculate. Bit stressed and as got 1 year old baby and wife suffers from anxiety ect. Dont get as much exercise as I used to but have started cycling and taking multi vitamins to see if this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (103)
37.87%
Take autumn exams (88)
32.35%
Look for a job (8)
2.94%
Consider an apprenticeship (9)
3.31%
Take a year out (47)
17.28%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (17)
6.25%

Watched Threads