Russia's monarch - your favourite ?

Watch
Vlad83
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
This year marks 400 years since the start of the Romanov dynasty's rule in Russia.
What is your favourite monarch from that dynasty? OR - Who is your favourite monarch of Russia overall (a Great Prince, a Tsar, an Emperor) across the 862 - 1917 period ?
Vlad83
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Vlad83)
This year marks 400 years since the start of the Romanov dynasty's rule in Russia.
What is your favourite monarch from that dynasty? OR - Who is your favourite monarch of Russia overall (a Great Prince, a Tsar, an Emperor) across the 862 - 1917 period ?
Personally for me, it is either Alexander I (reigning 1801-1825) or maybe Peter II (reigning 1727-1730).
Paladian
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Peter The Great for his amazing feat in Petersberg
$100Bill
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I may not know much about Russian monarchy, but...

Alexander II. He could have implemented a constitution. The history of Russia would have been completely different if not for his assassination by those pesky Soviets.
Vlad83
Rep:
?
(Original post by Paladian)
Peter The Great for his amazing feat in Petersberg
Yes I understand. Thanks for that. One may like him or not but the fact seems to be he made a significant contribution to Russian history and made his mark and quite possibly, has played quite a part in contributing to Russia's might too. Yet he would not be my personal first choice to be honest.
Paladian
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes I understand. Thanks for that. One may like him or not but the fact seems to be he made a significant contribution to Russian history and made his mark and quite possibly, has played quite a part in contributing to Russia's might too. Yet he would not be my personal first choice to be honest.
So who is?
Paladian
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You play Russian roulette this way!
Vlad83
Rep:
?
(Original post by $100Bill)
I may not know much about Russian monarchy, but...

Alexander II. He could have implemented a constitution. The history of Russia would have been completely different if not for his assassination by those pesky Soviets.
Thanks. Oh yes, Alexander II would be one of my personal choices.
A good reformer, a liberal Emperor - one could even say, achieved quite a bit in this sense within the limitations of his era, seemed to be rather progressive and forward thinking, at least for his time at any rate... Sadly, his end was a cruel and disturbing one. Still.. history and the future will probably estimate and honour him appropriately.
Paladian
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Vlad83 are you Russian?
Vlad83
Rep:
?
So who is?
I would say for me, it is Alexander I (both historical significance / political views and personal considerations). Or possibly, Peter II (but that would be out of personal considerations only). I would go for the first one overall.
Paladian
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would say for me, it is Alexander I (both historical significance / political views and personal considerations). Or possibly, Peter II (but that would be out of personal considerations only). I would go for the first one overall.
k so Peter the greast was founder of Petersberg am I right?
Vlad83
Rep:
?
Vlad83 are you Russian?
Good guess! I am indeed.
Paladian
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Good guess! I am indeed.
Cool do you live in Russia?
Vlad83
Rep:
?
k so Peter the greast was founder of Petersberg am I right?
Quite correct. In 1703 if I am not mistaken.
Vlad83
Rep:
?
Cool do you live in Russia?
Thank you. Oh no, I left Russia in 1992, aged 9. I live in London since November of 1996.
Paladian
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Quite correct. In 1703 if I am not mistaken.
I think Petersberg is most beautiful.
Paladian
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thank you. Oh no, I left Russia in 1992, aged 9. I live in London since November of 1996.
Cool I'd love to go to Russia.
Vlad83
Rep:
?
I think Petersberg is most beautiful.
It IS beautiful. I visited in 1996.
Vlad83
Rep:
?
Cool I'd love to go to Russia.
Thanks. And nice to hear that, thank you! Yes it is quite worth it, interesting people, much to see, rich and vibrant history, a huge country to travel through / across.
Paladian
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks. And nice to hear that, thank you! Yes it is quite worth it, interesting people, much to see, rich and vibrant history, a huge country to travel through / across.
I'd love to go to Petersberg and do the transsiberian express trasin to China.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (111)
28.03%
No (285)
71.97%

Watched Threads