(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by koolkate
I want to study maths at uni so should i take:

AH chemistry,maths and H english, biology
OR
AH chemistry,maths and H english, computing

I got B in maths and business C in chem and physics and a D in english

Well you've got AH Chemistry, Maths and H English for defs. So what do you prefer between Biology and Computing? Or what do you think you'll prefer most? Just go with the subject you enjoy most.
Reply 2
Original post by Ecosse_14
Well you've got AH Chemistry, Maths and H English for defs. So what do you prefer between Biology and Computing? Or what do you think you'll prefer most? Just go with the subject you enjoy most.

i am not 100% sure, i was wondering if i should do advanced higher or do new highers because i am sure that i am only going to apply to Scottish unis
Reply 3
i am not 100% sure, i was wondering if i should do advanced higher or do new highers because i am sure that i am only going to apply to Scottish unis

You might be better only doing AH maths, and doing three highers as well. AH chemistry wouldn't be that beneficial but very time consuming I imagine. As you will only apply to Scottish universities they will prefer the extra higher.
Although Biology would bring a good selection to your Highers, since its a science, Computing is apparently more mathematically based (I've taken H Biology and found the math in it simple, whereas my friend took computing) and slightly more relevant. But regardless, take what you think you are more likely to pass.
Reply 5
AH Chem won't be that beneficial to a Maths course, especially in Scotland. And you have the research project to consider for AH science subjects, which will be quite stressful (I did AH Bio).
Reply 6
Original post by Legii
AH Chem won't be that beneficial to a Maths course, especially in Scotland. And you have the research project to consider for AH science subjects, which will be quite stressful (I did AH Bio).

I am thinking about doing economics in uni now so can you recommend me higher/ AH which I can do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by kylerfc
You might be better only doing AH maths, and doing three highers as well. AH chemistry wouldn't be that beneficial but very time consuming I imagine. As you will only apply to Scottish universities they will prefer the extra higher.

I wanted to apply to st Andrews but after my results I don't think I have a chance there unless I do very well in my advanced highers or does it really matter now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Computing.
Reply 9
Just found out that AH maths and chem is not running so should I repeat my highers and try to get better grade or take new highers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just found out that AH maths and chem is not running so should I repeat my highers and try to get better grade or take new highers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My advice would be to repeat chemistry, english and physics while crashing computing.
Reply 11
Original post by FizzicsGuy
My advice would be to repeat chemistry, english and physics while crashing computing.

Won't I be at a disadvantage then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd definitely try to do AH Maths. It'll be very helpful if you do. Perhaps ask your school about travelling to another local school or self teaching with assistance from your schools former AH Maths teacher.

Otherwise, I'd just do more Highers or resits. I'd consider resitting Physics and Chemistry, then another Higher aswell. Do you need Higher English? I wouldn't really recommend taking it unless you actually want to.

Oh, and too the original question. I did both Computing and Biology and found Computing rather difficult to study (the material was boring to me) but it's also a really easy Higher :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by TheFOMaster
I'd definitely try to do AH Maths. It'll be very helpful if you do. Perhaps ask your school about travelling to another local school or self teaching with assistance from your schools former AH Maths teacher.

Otherwise, I'd just do more Highers or resits. I'd consider resitting Physics and Chemistry, then another Higher aswell. Do you need Higher English? I wouldn't really recommend taking it unless you actually want to.

Oh, and too the original question. I did both Computing and Biology and found Computing rather difficult to study (the material was boring to me) but it's also a really easy Higher :smile:

My head teacher said that AH will not be running in our school or the one near us :frown:
Higher physics and computing are in the same column so I don't know which one to take
Should I repeat H chem, physics and eng and do H bio this year or just repeat chem and eng?

Posted from TSR Mobile
My head teacher said that AH will not be running in our school or the one near us :frown:
Higher physics and computing are in the same column so I don't know which one to take
Should I repeat H chem, physics and eng and do H bio this year or just repeat chem and eng?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm... really its your call! What would you rather do out of Physics and Computing? :smile:
Reply 15
Hmm... really its your call! What would you rather do out of Physics and Computing? :smile:

well is it better for me to repeat physics or do computing?
( i think it's easier for me to get an A in computing than physics)
well is it better for me to repeat physics or do computing?
( i think it's easier for me to get an A in computing than physics)

Really I don't think any will have any real bearing on your uni application, so I'd say the one you think you'd enjoy more! :smile:
Reply 17
Really I don't think any will have any real bearing on your uni application, so I'd say the one you think you'd enjoy more! :smile:

thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending