Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i was thinking of buying one as i cant be bothered with waxing and shaving is annoying and was wondering which models of epilators you found useful/ which ones you own.

i saw this on tv the other day and was thinking of buying it. has anyone tried any of these 3? if not what one do you have?

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/4423016.htm

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/4422990.htm

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/4423023.htm
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I have a pink one that I think is Philips, but I got it a few years ago and after a quick search neither Amazon nor Boots are selling it, and they both did when I got it! Ooooh, that was a long sentence!

But they're a good make, and so should be easy to use and last a long time.

ReputationRep:
    looks good i want one, im fed up of shaving!!! £50 is that the cheapest youve found it?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by phantom)
    looks good i want one, im fed up of shaving!!! £50 is that the cheapest youve found it?
    Mine was £30 when I bought it a few years ago, so if you wanted a different brand you would find some cheaper. Also Boots sell them, so if you have a lot of Advantage points you could redeem them for it, or they often have special offers you could take advantage of.

ReputationRep:
    i use braun, it hurts like hell but works

ReputationRep:
    I ordered a Braun EasyStart from Amazon a few weeks ago, and it was due for delivery last week, yet they emailed me yesterday to say the line had been discontinued. I'm really annoyed they didnt tell me that when I ordered it, rather than waiting 2 weeks and then telling me.
    It was £25

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rabbit)
    I ordered a Braun EasyStart from Amazon a few weeks ago, and it was due for delivery last week, yet they emailed me yesterday to say the line had been discontinued. I'm really annoyed they didnt tell me that when I ordered it, rather than waiting 2 weeks and then telling me.
    It was £25
    have they given you your money back then ot giving you a different epilator?

yup. its the cheapest ive found it and i have been looking around.
    those are the sale prices so i dunno if argos are gonna keep it those prices for long.
    im fed up of saving too. it alwats grow back so fast and i tried waxing but couldnt do it so this is the last thing to try.
    i kinda dont wanna spend 50 for it then not to work thats why im asking what brands people have.

(Original post by Juno)
    Mine was £30 when I bought it a few years ago, so if you wanted a different brand you would find some cheaper. Also Boots sell them, so if you have a lot of Advantage points you could redeem them for it, or they often have special offers you could take advantage of.
    oooo ive got a boot card. ill go check it out today...tho ive only got 200 piont which is prob like 2 quid so i wouldnt save much :rolleyes:

(Original post by unfinished sympathy)
    i use braun, it hurts like hell but works
    well as long as it work...ill prob give it a try
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Sheen)
    oooo ive got a boot card. ill go check it out today...tho ive only got 200 piont which is prob like 2 quid so i wouldnt save much :rolleyes:
    You need the full value (ie £50!) in points to get it for "free", but you can still earn points by buying it there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    You need the full value (ie £50!) in points to get it for "free", but you can still earn points by buying it there.
    cheers....its a shame i dont shop that often in boots.
    oh well might as well go check out how much it is

ReputationRep:
    It was £25

Me too. I was so annoyed! "sorry this has been discontinued you may like to look at this one only £20 dearer" i've been trawling the internet trying to find another one. The cheapest ive found is £30 for a phillips one but im not sure about phillips. They are even expensive on ebay.

ReputationRep:
    the first link and the third link im my first post is the cheapest youll get it anywhere at the mo as i even went to boots today and they are charge full price which is what argos will prob start doing soon.
    plus if you also get the 3 year garantee cover for 10 quid extra it comes up to the same price as they are charging in boots but you dont get 3 year cover on boots products so in a way it works out better to get it from argos at the mo...which i think ill do.
    the pruple one seems cool and you get an easy starter pack with it, a carry case to keep everything in and a razor clip on bit and another clip on bit if you have facial hair and wanna epilate it.
    with the other two you dont get that stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I have the cheapest Braun one in the first post and I like it. It's very effective and I honestly don't think it hurts much at all.. but then I don't find waxing too bad either. I looked at the more expensive ones, but I thought the extra features they had were unnecessary and a bit of a rip off. I wouldn't ever epilate facial hair because I think it's too harsh for the face. They all have the Easy Start set, by the way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fabuleuse)
    I have the cheapest Braun one in the first post and I like it. It's very effective and I honestly don't think it hurts much at all.. but then I don't find waxing too bad either. I looked at the more expensive ones, but I thought the extra features they had were unnecessary and a bit of a rip off. I wouldn't ever epilate facial hair because I think it's too harsh for the face. They all have the Easy Start set, by the way.
    but i read the boxes in boots and the cheapers ones didnt say they had an easy start set :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisy_01)
    Me too. I was so annoyed! "sorry this has been discontinued you may like to look at this one only £20 dearer" i've been trawling the internet trying to find another one. The cheapest ive found is £30 for a phillips one but im not sure about phillips. They are even expensive on ebay.
    I emailed them and complained and they gave me a £3 gift voucher. Like thats going to cover the cost of the £45 one!

ReputationRep:
    I emailed them and complained and they gave me a £3 gift voucher. Like thats going to cover the cost of the £45 one!
    3 quid? haha what jokers. maybe you should complain again cos thats unfair of them

ReputationRep:
    i got this one
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/4423023.htm from boots a few weeks ago and im impressed and prefure it to waxing tho im hoping ill get used to the pain

ReputationRep:
    I have a Braun Easystart one and I love it!

Dont worry you'll get used to using it after a while, I dont even feel anything anymore when I epilate!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adverse_reaction)
    I have a Braun Easystart one and I love it!

Dont worry you'll get used to using it after a while, I dont even feel anything anymore when I epilate!!!
    ohh i think weve got the same one.
    i hope so cos sometimes it really does hurt...ive kinda only just started using it so im not suprised

ReputationRep:
    i bought a phillips ice one i think it is, and omg it kills me, hurts so bad i just shave now but im going to try and use the epilator again because shaving makes the hairs grow back after like a few hours its like hello!?

ReputationRep:
    shaving sucks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.