The Student Room Group

NHS Medical Laboratory Assistant Interview Advice

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE=Bonjourno;57463417]Hello, i'm new to this myself so i wont know alot. You can ask and if im able to answer i will do so.

I've done my count on this web site one hour ago more or less so I have not idea how its works, where is the chat? 😥
Original post by Johanna89
I've done my count on this web site one hour ago more or less so I have not idea how its works, where is the chat? 😥

I made my account today too. It wont allow me to copy the url of the link so just type medical laboratory assistant interview questions on google and hopefully you'll find it.
Original post by Bonjourno
I made my account today too. It wont allow me to copy the url of the link so just type medical laboratory assistant interview questions on google and hopefully you'll find it.

Okey thank you so much
Hi I've just been offered an interview for this post at my local hospital. It involves 'practical tests'. Can anyone give me more information for what this means?

Thanks very much!
When I had to do mine, it was a typing test. I was given a bunch of sample papers that had the laboratory numbers written on it and I had to place them in chronological order. Then I was given a paragraph that had bulletboints and words in italics. I had to copy it down word for word with the correct font. Make sure when you do this to go back and double check that you've written everything and Dont miss one single word.

I hope you do well.
Reply 25
Hello everyone, next week I have a assessment of Medical Laboratory Assistant at Pathology in Royal Stoke University Hospital.
This is my first time and I don't know what type of assessment they give. If somebody know that, please answer me.
Thanks
Regards.
Reply 26
These were the interview questions that I can remember not in the same order:

1. Tell us about yourself
2. What do you enjoy most in your current job?
3. What skills do you have that you think will be good as a MLA?
4. Why do you want to work as a MLA?
5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years/future?
6. What is team working? And give an example
7. Should you look up your own blood result? (Trick question)
8. What measures would you take to work in a safe way?
9. Question to do with patient confidentiality and data protection...
10. Give an example of a time you were under pressure?
11. Give an example of a time you used organisation skills?
12. Give an example of a time where you had to deal with an aggressive person

And then a typing test (which had the information pre-filled in but with some mistakes lol)
Please can you tell me how you answered the questions? I have an interview soon and would love to get a rough idea of how to answer these questions. It will be a huge help!! Thank you! :smile:
Reply 28
Hi everyone i wish you all good luck for getting successful in your intetviews. I've got nine years of Blood Sciences MLA experience. I've been invited for Histology interview which is completely different to my current job. I've never worked in Histo lab before. I really want this job as i want change and looking to relocate. I am so worried not sure what sort of questions they'd ask and there is ten minute test at the end of interview too. I'm so bad at interviews and not sure whether I'll pass or not. If anyone had been to histology MLA job intetview please help. Thanks!
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi shabk, I wish I could help but I was wondering if you could actually help me. I got an interview for a job in blood sciences recently, and I really want this one because although I've applied for MLA positions in other areas, I am particularly interested in haematolgy. Could you maybe give me an overview of what you would do in your job and any idea of the interview questions they may ask? Any help would be really appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending