The Student Room Group

Wtf, insurance uni declined me on the 6th?

I'm really confused. This is my situation.

my firm offer is unconditional.
my insurance offer was conditional.. I needed to change one subject from a C to a B.. I believe I did this as I only needed 1 ums in two papers.

However, I logged onto track to see this:

6 August 2013, 16:15
XXXXXXXXX University has told us that you have not met the conditions for the Accounting & Finance course. Your application has been unsuccessful.

I thought unis only got our results yesterday.. I'm confused. Could it mean, The university has given my insurance place to someone else? I don't get it.
Original post by help-me333

my insurance offer was conditional.. I needed to change one subject from a C to a B.. I believe I did this as I only needed 1 ums in two papers.

XXXXXXXXX University has told us that you have not met the conditions for the Accounting & Finance course. Your application has been unsuccessful.

I thought unis only got our results yesterday.. I'm confused. Could it mean, The university has given my insurance place to someone else? I don't get it.

I'm very confused as well... How did you have both a firm unconditional offer and an insurance offer?
Reply 2

I'm really confused as to why you have an insurance when you already hold an unconditional offer? Or did it change to unconditional?
Reply 3
Original post by Euthymic
I'm really confused as to why you have an insurance when you already hold an unconditional offer? Or did it change to unconditional?

i'm on a gap year and did resits in both january and june. Originally both my offers were conditional. However, I think after my january resits, I got the grades for my now firm.. so it became unconditional.. but I still required one more grade to meet my insurance. Which I believe I got this june.
i'm on a gap year and did resits in both january and june. Originally both my offers were conditional. However, I think after my january resits, I got the grades for my now firm.. so it became unconditional.. but I still required one more grade to meet my insurance. Which I believe I got this june.

I'm not sure the right message was sent to you, but that will be why your insurance place has now gone - you've met your firm conditions, so the insurance place has gone.
If you have a unconditional you can't have a firm and insurance, you just confirm you want to go there when you accept.
Reply 6

Normally when you meet the requirements of your firm, your application stops there and isn't handed to your insurance, maybe they just "rejected" you now after realising you got into your firm?
Reply 7
Original post by TheSownRose
I'm not sure the right message was sent to you, but that will be why your insurance place has now gone - you've met your firm conditions, so the insurance place has gone.

oh ok, how come I got this message now and not earlier? Also, do I qualify for adjustment?
oh ok, how come I got this message now and not earlier? Also, do I qualify for adjustment?

I don't know why you're only just getting it. As someone else has said, normally your application to your insurance is just ceased when you get in to your firm.

I replied to your Adjustment thread too. :p:

It's worth pointing out here that a few people have had 'false positives' from Ucas as well - there seems to be a glitch which has sent people confirmatory emails by mistake, so it's equally possible that the reverse has happened and it's worth calling up tomorrow to find out what's happened.
Original post by carnationlilyrose
It's worth pointing out here that a few people have had 'false positives' from Ucas as well - there seems to be a glitch which has sent people confirmatory emails by mistake, so it's equally possible that the reverse has happened and it's worth calling up tomorrow to find out what's happened.

That's actually a very good point, although as OP met the offer from January resits something will have to happen with the insurance...

I wish UCAS would make some statement about this glitch so we all know what to be on the look for. :frown:
Original post by TheSownRose
That's actually a very good point, although as OP met the offer from January resits something will have to happen with the insurance...

I wish UCAS would make some statement about this glitch so we all know what to be on the look for. :frown:

Yes, it may have nothing to do with this case, but it's worth flagging up in case others read this thread and have had the same experience. The 6th is about the right date for it to be the same thing iirc from other threads.
Reply 12

If your firm's unconditional, then you'll definitely get in there no matter what, so you wouldn't have the option of the insurance. If you wanted to go to the other uni more, you needed to firm that and put the uni where you have the unconditional from as your insurance. :smile:

Quick Reply