Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helzerel)
    are
    Although, arguably, you could say 'is' cos it's like a subforum isn't it?

What is Bad threads [the subforum]?

Yeah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mockel)
    Although, arguably, you could say 'is' cos it's like a subforum isn't it?

What is Bad threads [the subforum]?

Yeah.
    If referring to the subforum then yes - but if not (which is what I interpreted it as) then no.

Right..that's the grammar of the day sorted!

ReputationRep:
    Well maybe I interpreted it as the subforum :talkhand:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mockel)
    Well maybe I interpreted it as the subforum :talkhand:
    I did as well, especially since both words are capitalized.

Anyway, moving on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomasp)
    There already is that feature

See the little downward-pointing arrow on the left of the thread title - click that, and it'll take you to the first unread post

And, at the very top of every page in a thread, just beneath the "Post Reply" button is a link that says "View First Unread"
    Thanks thomasp; never realised! Alright now, I'm contented. :p:

P.s. maybe tips/matters like this should be consolidated and compiled into a particular section of the site - I'm affirmative many others are still in the dark about such shortcuts!

ReputationRep:
    are .

They're threads that the mods. in their great wisdom, higher knowledge and supernatural powers deem to be unsuitable/illegal for TSR - like advertising threads, sex tip threads, flaming threads etc.

Rather than delete them and change the number of posts made on the site, they move them to the Bad Threads area which only they can see. *evil cackle*
    Which I would pay good money to see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    Which I would pay good money to see
    Is this instead of or as well as whoring rep. from all and sundry? :p:

ReputationRep:
    The only thing that I would like to see added to the forums is instant email notification...I really don't like the daily notification.

ReputationRep:
    CN, I found this http://www.examiner.com.au/story.asp?id=346227 in my hometown (Tasmanian) newspaper. I had no idea you were a ute enthusiast and esp a WB Holden!

ReputationRep:
    Is this instead of or as well as whoring rep. from all and sundry? :p:
    :eek: Where do you get this idea from?

ReputationRep:
    I read a few pages but no all of this thread so don't know whether this was suggested

blogs

I think they would be used if available, people will talk about anything, from uni application experiences, health related things (theres a roaccutane one in H&R which is basically a blog on his progress, anything worth talking about, ppl putting up photos etc, threads can be difficult for things like this as they go very off-topic or are hijacked by other arguments etc

it could be implemented somehow into view a members profile, it would give people a lot more depth, there are so many people that viewing peoples posts to get to know them can be difficult, and again with so many people here it can be very un-personal sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    :eek: Where do you get this idea from?
    A little bird by the name of Alfie told me...do you know him?

ReputationRep:
    sooo, why has this CN dude already got a negative gem?

poor cn.

on another note, my initials are CN.

ReputationRep:
    5 decided it would be funny to neg him. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socrates)
    'CN can only hope to improve'

Aww, poor guy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socrates)
    and its very tempting to neg him as well...hmmm 2 red gems anyone? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well, I can't say I didn't expect it. But *if* this is the man behind the non-donation part of TSR's server upgrades I think he deserves a little bit of a nicer welcome.

If he just bought TSR and is milking it for all its worth, however, neg away.

ReputationRep:
    I think you all forgot; CN can set the amount of rep he's got. And anyway rep doesnt = money for him.

ReputationRep:
    No he can't, pig disabled that.

ReputationRep:
    this is all rather trivial. pig can give him ~600+ points so i doubt you will ever have him in the red for a long time, ergo by negging him, all you are doing is limiting the amount of people pig can rep other than CN, so really, repwise its very unprofitable for us to neg him

also its a bit meh, wait to see if he ****s it up before actually judging him. we have the servers, so TSR is better for most of us, if you dont like the ad changes lodge your query and if it still doesnt get dealt with, just subscribe. i'd say a few of you are just a bit sore that you weren't able to buy TSR.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.