The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Parking near the uni?

Has anyone had luck finding a consistently available parking space near (up to half a mile away) the university? Will be bringing my car and it'd be nice to know if anyone's had any luck, or if I should look into other parking options such as renting...

I'm not *completely* averse to public transport but I'd rather avoid it if I have the option, and the car's coming with me regardless of the parking situation soo :smile:

Ta!
(edited 10 years ago)
On campus, you've got no chance because the spaces are reserved for staff and visitors. There are suburban streets all around the campus though, you should be able to leave a car there. Word of warning though: some places are pretty high crime rate (Kensington, Toxteth, Everton).

I've got to say. The bus service first rate! There's an 86 down Smithdown Road pretty much every 3-5 minutes.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by LemonGingerTea
On campus, you've got no chance because the spaces are reserved for staff and visitors. There are suburban streets all around the campus though, you should be able to leave a car there. Word of warning though: some places are pretty high crime rate (Kensington, Toxteth, Everton).

I've got to say. The bus service first rate! There's an 86 down Smithdown Road pretty much every 3-5 minutes.

Thanks for that - yeah I knew about the campus, shame, but 'tis not surprising at all, very few unis allow parking these days.

She's not an expensive car - just an old (black) Ford Focus, doubt anyone would pay any attention when there's probably similar aged BMW's and what not to have a go at, instead :tongue: I was thinking about renting a space on someone's driveway before I arrived so I'd have a 100% available space, but I think I'll have a potter around the nearby streets and see if I can find a good area (renting is almost as expensive as pay & display anyway!).
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Flibble22
Thanks for that - yeah I knew about the campus, shame, but 'tis not surprising at all, very few unis allow parking these days.

She's not an expensive car - just an old (black) Ford Focus, doubt anyone would pay any attention when there's probably similar aged BMW's and what not to have a go at, instead :tongue: I was thinking about renting a space on someone's driveway before I arrived so I'd have a 100% available space, but I think I'll have a potter around the nearby streets and see if I can find a good area (renting is almost as expensive as pay & display anyway!).

There are some streets you can park on which are a 10/15 minute walk away. But over the years the streets have become less in number (due to the council painting them) and thus more and more packed. They're mostly also 4-hour parking slots.

Safest option is to therefore use public transport or park on the other side of university going towards Everton. There's more spaces there but it's more dangerous and further away.
Reply 4
Hmm. I've had a look at the streets east of the uni (<3 Street View) and there seems to be a fair few streets where I'd have the opportunity to park. Here's hoping!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending