Watch
This discussion is closed.
Fluffy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
You get to revise on the beach which is brilliant.
That's what I loved about Swansea And the Mumbles - beautiful! the main sticking point for me on Aber was the course rather than the place - had too much plant genetic in for my likings. And theres's only so much fake enthusiasm you can show over a green house full of er.. green!
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Viviki I love your avatar, where did you get it!
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
A free avatar site avatarity.com
I decided that my old avatar was too common I couldnt find my old posts anymore now the black dots on the threads have gone.
Isabelle_D
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
How do we really know that these people go to the universities they claim to go to.
I find it very very very......sad that University students (who should be enjoying uni life and their studies) choose to spend much of their time on a student website used widely by wannabees.
IF it actually true, why do you guys use this site, because I really hope that I will find university so fun and filled with activities. Are you guys just very good at managing your time or extreme introverts? No offence, I'm just itching to find out.
What do your friends think of this?
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Isabelle_D)
How do we really know that these people go to the universities they claim to go to.
I find it very very very......sad that University students (who should be enjoying uni life and their studies) choose to spend much of their time on a student website used widely by wannabees.
IF it actually true, why do you guys use this site, because I really hope that I will find university so fun and filled with activities. Are you guys just very good at managing your time or extreme introverts? No offence, I'm just itching to find out.
Well in my case I'm only usually on here when i'm working. I wouldnt say I'm an introvert at all but then again I didnt use forums when I was an undergrad i guess I had time to go out more then.
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I come on here when I get bored and have nothing better to do. I don't have the money to constantly do fun activities. If you only have 10 hours a week lectures...how are you going to fill the rest of your time? I don't spend all my time in my room at all, but if I have work to do then this place is a good distraction. I wouldn't say i'm particularly introverted either, i'm online now because i've just come back from the bar amd need to let the alcohol settle before I go to bed!
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

I use it as I'm off to do another degree in September, and wondered how many other old farts were out there - I use the two main medicine boards frequently, and am a mod on one (as is joyabbott). Just wondered what the wider field was like.....

For anyone interested, and who haven't yet discovered them, the med specific boards are:

http://www.admissionsforum.co.uk/
http://www.medschoolguide.co.uk/forum/index.php
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
who should be enjoying uni life and their studies
I didn't enjoy either really this term. Plus, I like UKL.. that's why I spend so much time here. People are usually quite helpful answering uni/academic questions.
Ditzy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
But students have a lot of assignments etc to do, and sitting chatting on a forum is one of the best forms of procrastination I know.

And I just can't imagine why people would want to lie about something so mundane as which uni they go to.
Homegrownkitten
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Nottingham Trent. Animal Science, but I gradate soon, does that count?
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Without being pedantic, Ollie is doing MECHANICAL Engineering.
Chicken
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by *reasoning*)
Without being pedantic, Ollie is doing MECHANICAL Engineering.
Are you some kind of stalker? You seem to know a lot about where people go and what subject they study...
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Chicken)
Are you some kind of stalker? You seem to know a lot about where people go and what subject they study...
bono is omniscient
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Chicken)
I am the holder of all knowledge (I wish! )
LH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What about tagzt? He's doing Law at Merton.
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Bath - Maths
Col-C
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Newcastle - Electrical and Electronic Engineering
tommyboy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Essex- Modern History
jiefei_ma
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Imperial College London, Computing -- Artificial Intelligence
LittleMissSmile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm at Edinburgh (yay let's start off the edinburgh group!) and doing mechanical engineering

x o x
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (345)
34.6%
No (652)
65.4%

Watched Threads