The Student Room Group

can you taste the difference between different cokes/similar products?

Like pepsi? pepsi max? diet pepsi?

I can taste the difference between regular coca cola and diet coke but i can't tell the difference between pepsi or pepsi max, or pepsi max & diet coke.

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I can taste a difference but if they were covered up I wouldn't be able to tell you which is which with maybe the exception of regular Coke.
Diet soda is too sweet. Plus something in sugar free stuff makes me itchy. I can tell the difference between Pepsi and Coke. I'm a Pepsi girl all the way.
Reply 3
I can tell the difference between all the different types apart from maybe pepsi max and regular coke.
Reply 4
I just find it strange when people refuse to have pepsi max instead of diet coke, theres hardly a massive difference, certainly not one big enough to actually dislike one and like the other.
I can tell the difference to some extent because I like normal coke but I can't stand diet, albeit I do like coke zero... I'm not sure if it's just psychological but I swear that I can taste a notable difference? I generally don't like pepsi, although I recently had a pepsi cherry version which was nice. Hmmm :K:
Reply 6
I can definitely tell the difference between pepsi and pepsi max. Pepsi max tastes too artificially sweet, almost like medicine. Diet coke is just vile, I prefer Coke Zero.
Reply 7
I can tell the difference, I could probably tell the difference blind folded, I drink to many coke/coke similar products :lol:
I can recognise Pepsi, Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, and to some extent Caffeine Free Coke. I can't really distinguish between Diet Pepsi and Pepsi Max.

People often look at me weirdly when I say this - but I think Diet Coke tastes a bit like someone else's saliva. When I drink it, I get the same feeling I get when I use a straw that someone else has just used.
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm sure some people can. I can tell the difference between certain alcoholic drinks and some people can do it amazingly.

That's I'd until I have too many and fall down :colondollar:
Reply 10
my friends and i once tested it. once you're blindfolded it is quite easy to know the difference in my opinion. but then again i drink A LOT of coke.
IMO regular coke > pepsi.
Yes, Pepsi is a lot sweeter than coke.
Reply 12
All coke tastes the same to me, but when it comes to Meth I have to get Blue Sky. Dat 99.1 purity doe.
Reply 13
Yep
Reply 14
They are all the same to me, i.e. all of them make me thirsty so much and go to bathroom every half an hour :unimpressed: However, noticed a slight difference between diet and not diet which is that diet or zero or whatever makes me feel less thirsty whereas normal pepsi/coke makes me wild thirsty. Especially at night I wake up every hour or so because of pepsi making my throat very dry :facepalm:

That random dude looking for fun is so out of context :toofunny:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
I can definitely tell the difference between normal Pepsi, Pepsi max and diet Pepsi.

And I don't even drink coke because Pepsi FTW.
Reply 16
Original post by mau5
All coke tastes the same to me, but when it comes to Meth I have to get Blue Sky. Dat 99.1 purity doe.

Makes me want to tap dance.
Yeah. Can't beat a can of coke on a hot day!
My boyfriend reckons he can taste the difference between them all: coke, coke zero, diet coke, pepsi, pepsi max, diet pepsi.

I can taste the difference between the normal and diet versions. And I can taste a slight difference between coke and pepsi. But if you asked me to say which is what in a blind taste testing I probably couldn't say.
nope

can taste the difference between coke and the cheap version :cola

Quick Reply

Latest