Turn on thread page Beta

Any good original ideas for Art GCSE? (Safely Contained) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Everyone else in my class has taken ALL the good ideas (or the only ones I can think of) and I really need a subject soon cos der aint much time left. ANY good ideas will do... just post em quickly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nogoodnamesleft)
    Everyone else in my class has taken ALL the good ideas (or the only ones I can think of) and I really need a subject soon cos der aint much time left. ANY good ideas will do... just post em quickly!
    There can be more than one person doing the same theme...

my friend is doing his on shoes/trainers/boots etc.....
    have you seen all of the sub-themes in the exam paper?

ReputationRep:
    yeh...kool, but i really dont wanna do packagin or sumin cos its kinda borin nd u cnt get much 4 AO2 or AO3. nd i think d moder8ors cud seem suspicious if 2 ppl do exactly d same thing....
    but d boots thing cud b hard anyway (4 me!)
    thnx nyway

ReputationRep:
    yeh...kool, but i really dont wanna do packagin or sumin cos its kinda borin nd u cnt get much 4 AO2 or AO3. nd i think d moder8ors cud seem suspicious if 2 ppl do exactly d same thing....
    but d boots thing cud b hard anyway (4 me!)
    thnx nyway
    Why couldnt you get much marks for AO2 and AO3? If you find it hard to evaluate images etc., why dont you try to find something that interests you, for example, maybe transportation, or to look at surrealist artwork on the theme?

AO3 is easy with almost any theme - just try out using different media types-pencil, colouring pencils, paint(acrylic,poster), water colours, charcoal, chalk(on black paper), oil pastels, collages, mossaics, etc.

Moderators have no reason to be suspicious - in the end, if your prepwork is consistant, and your final piece(which someone else surely could not copy) is related to your prepwork, then he/she has no reason to be suspicious!

Boots, shoes trainers, not so hard!, but never mind......

ReputationRep:
    I've got many ideas, here goes

The Zoo
    Use the David Blaine idea
    A man in a mirror
    A spirit stuck in a sayonce
    A message in a bottle
    People in a church/mosque/ senagog
    People in heaven/ hell
    A collage of signs such as Stop/No Tresspasing etc...
    Use the idea of someone telling a secret e.g someone whispering to someone a secret/ or pacing a note to someone
    Children in school
    Babies in a cot
    Animals in their habitats
    Someone smoking a ciggarete

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    My friend had this amazing idea of using his own blood in his artwork. The examiners didn't like it but I'm sure any true art critics would.

ReputationRep:
    I've also got my Art gcse, in 5 weeks on the 13th and 14th May. The booklet has tons of ideas, I know it's discouraging to use one of those, but if worst comes to worst then just chose one. Or why not go tot he extreme and do something "dangerous" that isn't safely contained to be a contrast, but maybe that is a huge gamble.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, ive got 'safely contained' aswell and im doing summat that definately isnt safe or contained, quite the opposite, hopefully they wont care though, i mean they got away with 'standing stone' in their examples in the booklet!

ReputationRep:
    u aint thought of neting yet! dat was like the first ting your have to do

ReputationRep:
    i did natural forms my art exam...fire, earth, water and air.i had 2 peices for myfinal, fire and earth, of whioch i di a batik and got an A* in the end!!! HORRAY!!

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.