The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Lost degree and transcript

Hi everyone
I graduated from UCL in 2007. I've lost my degree and transcript. I wanna get copies of them. The UCL site is a mess. As usual. I can't find anything about what to do, who to write and so on.

Has anyone done that?
Could anyone give me some pointers?
Will I get exactly what I had or something new?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Basically there is no problem in getting a copy of a transcript, but there migh be a problem with a degree certificate...

From UCL's page:

"The UCL Examinations Section require a written and signed request in order to produce and release a copy of your academic transcript. Your written request should include the following: -

Your name as held on the UCL records if you have changed your name since leaving UCL;
Your degree/diploma title and year of graduation (or years of attendance if you did not graduate);
The number of transcripts you require;
The address(es) for posting of transcripts.
Your signature we are unable to process requests which have not been signed by the student
Written transcript requests can be sent to us via the following methods: -

By post to the address at the foot of this page
By fax (fax number: +44 (0)20 7679 7879
By email your signed letter should be scanned and then emailed to [email protected] as an attachment.

Alternatively, you may make your request in person at our counter (see the foot of this page for our location and hours). Please note that requests made in person are subject to the same fee and processing time as requests received by other methods. You may, however, opt to collect your transcript(s) in person at a later date. A member of staff will advise you of when the transcripts will be ready for collection. If collecting your transcripts in person, you will be required to show a form of photographic ID such as a passport, driving licence or UCL ID card.

Is there a fee? How can I pay?
There is a fee for processing transcripts.

Current Students: (This fee applies until 31 December in the year of leaving UCL).
1 to 10 copies: £3 per transcript
11 to 20 copies: £70
21 to 30 copies: £100
31-40 copies: £150

Former Students:
1 to 10 copies: £10 per transcript
11 to 20 copies: £250
21 to 30 copies: £350
31 to 40 copies £450

These fees include postage to either a UK address or airmail postage to all overseas addresses. Payment can be made by the following methods:

Sterling cheque or sterling banker's draft made payable to "University College London", and sent with your written request to the address at the foot of this page.
Credit/Debit Card (excluding American Express, Solo). Payments can be taken by phone once your signed request has been received.
Regrettably, we are unable to accept payments made in foreign currencies.

If you are currently living outside the UK and would find it difficult to make payment, then you may ask someone else to pay on your behalf, provided that you have submitted the transcript request yourself.

f you have any further queries regarding the request of transcripts then please feel free to contact us.

Telephone: +44 (0)20 7679 4126Fax: +44 (0)20 7679 7879

Email: [email protected]

You may also visit us in person. Our counter is open to visitors from Monday to Friday, 10am-4pm and is located in Room G06, Ground Floor of the Registry Corridor, South Wing."
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending