username1238344
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi,
I'm very confused right now and wondered if anyone could help make this clearer.
I've just completed my AS levels at Burton College. But I'm only staying here for a few more months and then moving house. This will mean having to change college too. My main problem is that the college I'm going to uses different exam boards than Burton. I've read somewhere about a JCQ form or something that I might have to complete. I'm really confused.

I currently do WJEC Biology, AQA B Psychology, and AQA Chemistry. The college I'm going to does WJEC Biology, WJEC Psychology, and OCR A Chemistry.
Can anyone help at all? I really need some advice!
sophhiee
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I moved from a college that did AQA Media Studies to one that did WJEC Media Studies and literally the new college filled everything out for me, I just had to sign it. Make sure you actually tell the new college in the first couple days that you'll be changing exam boards and the exams office should sort it all out for you. You'll be asked to show a statement of your AS results as well so they can make sure to exchange all the results correctly.

Hopefully it should be as simple for you as it was for me!
username1238344
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by sophhiee)
I moved from a college that did AQA Media Studies to one that did WJEC Media Studies and literally the new college filled everything out for me, I just had to sign it. Make sure you actually tell the new college in the first couple days that you'll be changing exam boards and the exams office should sort it all out for you. You'll be asked to show a statement of your AS results as well so they can make sure to exchange all the results correctly.

Hopefully it should be as simple for you as it was for me!
Thanks. I hope it will be simple! I've just read so many different things, that I've become very confused about whats right and what isn't. I'm going to my new college next week, so I'll mention it to them then.
Data
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kirsty953)
Hi,
I'm very confused right now and wondered if anyone could help make this clearer.
I've just completed my AS levels at Burton College. But I'm only staying here for a few more months and then moving house. This will mean having to change college too. My main problem is that the college I'm going to uses different exam boards than Burton. I've read somewhere about a JCQ form or something that I might have to complete. I'm really confused.

I currently do WJEC Biology, AQA B Psychology, and AQA Chemistry. The college I'm going to does WJEC Biology, WJEC Psychology, and OCR A Chemistry.
Can anyone help at all? I really need some advice!
Reading the rules ( http://www.jcq.org.uk/exams-office/e...ments-20132014 ), it says that all of those transfers are acceptable in principle, but about the Psychology it does say
N.B: Specification content and structure varies considerably. Centres must seek advice from the receiving awarding body to ensure that content overlap is avoided and requirements are met.

You need to talk to the exams officer at your new centre ASAP and they will sort it out for you.
Sumi Prakash
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi, I've changed exam boards for biology from AQA to OCR and chemistry from OCR to AQA after my AS exams. I've joined the new sixth form and they have sent off the form to JCQ before the deadline. I was wondering what happens now. Do I just sit the exams with the new exam board in the summer? How will my results look like in August? Will the results be delayed?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (438)
56.3%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.7%

Watched Threads