NHS Graduate Psychology Internships Watch

hollyalamode
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Just reaching out to anyone who enrolled on these recently, it seems to be a new scheme being offered by Hampshire, Sussex and Brighton and Hove Trusts. Recently got offered a 12 month placement in a Sussex clinic.

Here's some information for Psychology grads in the South if you're thinking about applying next year http://www.sussexpartnership.nhs.uk/...48/internships Feel free to ask me anything about the process/requirements.
Clinica
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hollyalamode)
Just reaching out to anyone who enrolled on these recently, it seems to be a new scheme being offered by Hampshire, Sussex and Brighton and Hove Trusts. Recently got offered a 12 month placement in a Sussex clinic.

Here's some information for Psychology grads in the South if you're thinking about applying next year http://www.sussexpartnership.nhs.uk/...48/internships Feel free to ask me anything about the process/requirements.
Oh Hello, thank you for posting about the internships. May I ask you few questions related to the selection process? Thank you.
StephClayton
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was an intern for their pilot year in 2012.

The selection process isn't very competitive (it wasn't when I started) although they are anal about getting all the interviews done within the month of December.
I was offered an interview for the one I wanted but couldn't make their interview date, and requested a change by 2 days, and they said no, even though I thought it would be fine given that they'd said "let us know if that date doesn't suit you". They gave me a place on my least favourite where I was accepted on the spot.

I didn't get anything out of the internship and frankly it was a waste of time. I got zero clinical experience despite being based in Mill View hospital. It was obviously successful for the other 5 interns that year, so they are taking more in now.

I'm sure it's great for people who are interested in doing a Masters in Clinical Psych though (not for those looking for experience to apply for a ClinPsyD though).
Lord Asriel
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I had wondered about these, and people have asked me in the past about the helpfulness of doing one. Thanks for the heads up.
CoolBreeze89
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Waste of time. This is all they’re offering? The government is ****ed. The whole industry is ****ed. This will again be massively oversubscribed by people who want to be clinical psychologists. People going into these jobs such as PWPs and those who volunteer are only doing it to give themselves a better chance of being clinical psyches. The whole industry is saturated in selfish, self-centred every man for themselves individuals who would tip a man out a wheelchair if it meant getting a chance. The industry is corrupt too, in that jobs for the boys mean the people who do get to become clinical psychologists probably have their mum and dad shortlisting. Waste of time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (234)
39.39%
No - but I will (40)
6.73%
No - I don't want to (43)
7.24%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (277)
46.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise