India Win Watch

This discussion is closed.
SHANDY
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by HasanB)
oh yeah and the other thing ... Pakistan NEVER have luck on their side in a crucial match and this really pisses me off. I mean tendulkars catch was a great one ... but what r the odds that he'd pull off a catch li ke that 1mm away from the boundary line !! If that had gone for 6 Pakistan i believe would have won the match ... oh well ...
At the end of the day India won, full stop. Good match though, the run out was good.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SHANDY)
At the end of the day India won, full stop. Good match though, the run out was good.
agreed - tendulkar took a marvellous catch
HasanB
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I dont actually beleive in the fixing theories going aound ... but they go summit like this. Apparently Indian and Pakistan collaborated to have India winning the ODIs as this version of the game is avidly watched in india and would raise the morale of the indian public, etc etc n e way Pakistan would then take the test series as this would significantly boost their ratings closer to the aussies. The ODIs were then fixed to make them exciting so as to get maximum revenues from the crowds watching etc, and also to have a classic cricket series (tied at 2-2) to kick start the peace process. Now the test series will either be 0-0 or 1-1 going into the final test according to the match fixing rumours.

Its a very different kind of fixing if its true ... but personally i feel it sounds a bit far fetched
kokopops
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
the match actually helped tension between pakistan and india! there were banners going round the stadium saying no matter wat, india and pakistan will be friends!
why cant it be accepted that the better team won on the nite!
BORING?!?! i was on the edge of my seat...and the way they were taking them wickets!! wikked! lol! well in india!
the boys from bombay are going all the way!
(stupid thing i herd sumwhere thort it was funny)
Big P
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
oh yeah and the other thing ... Pakistan NEVER have luck on their side in a crucial match and this really pisses me off. I mean tendulkars catch was a great one ... but what r the odds that he'd pull off a catch li ke that 1mm away from the boundary line !! If that had gone for 6 Pakistan i believe would have won the match ... oh well ...
Nah i dont think that Pakistan would have won the match if inzamam was caught... the run rate required was 9 an over and rising and dont forget that Inzamam was getting frustrated... they were 4 wickets down with the ball swinging... they would have lost..

They did not have that much bad luck. For example look at the person catching the ball tendulkar...the shortest person in the indian team..lol
if he was able to reach that high it should not be given six! great catch though.. Also you had the moths attacking the indian team!!!
kokopops
Rep:
?
inzie chose to bow so ....! he knew the moths would be an affecting factor to the fielders so wanted 2 get his bowling out of the way...! bad idea inzie...looks like it backfired a little!
kokopops
Rep:
?
also, u gotta remember that Ganguly went down so they were without their captain in their most important match!
india deserved to win so they did!! simple as that!
HasanB
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i disagree ... i think that inzi had the capability to control the match and if after being 6 down, moin and shoaib malik can get the equation down to 47 to win from 23 balls, then i think inzi being there would have meant that we'd have won. However me saying this does not mean that i think india didnt deserve to win, in fact i think that Irfan Pathan has a great future and e reminds me a lot of Wasim Akram ... ive earmarked him for stardom !! lol

I think the pakistani public won along with the indians, their behavious was exemplary, indians and pakistani fans freely mingled, and matches were watched in a very civilised manner. There was no crowd disturbance even once ! brilliant ... the pakistanis in lahore apparently partied all nite with the indians celebrating an indian victory !! That is really pleasing to see
kokopops
Rep:
?
Irfan Pathan has a great future
plus he's quite cute! as is zaheer khan!

There was no crowd disturbance even once ! brilliant ... the pakistanis in lahore apparently partied all nite with the indians celebrating an indian victory !! That is really pleasing to see
yeh it wikked to see that they can get along with each other well!
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What a series. What a series. You think cricket gets boring and then games like that come up. And Pakistan-India weren't bad either

Seriously though, I'm happy India won a very good-spirited series. It looked nervy when Kaif joined Dravid in the 4th match, I believed India would fall apart if one of them were to go, but they held on and won it to set up a blinding decider. Irfan impressed, as did Inzamam as captain and Shoaib Akhtar was immense. Disappointing were Ganguly and the Pakistan all-rounders. And Laxman answered many a critic yesterday, good stuff.
Nima
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kokopops)
just wondered if anyone was remotely bothered that India won the cricket today! well in guys! i watched the whole thing (sad i no) and the last 1hour was extremely tense! ...
WE WON!!!!!!!
wooooooooooooooooooooooohooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooo

ok...! lol!
You're Indian? You are quite fair skinned for Indian.
kokopops
Rep:
?
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
And Laxman answered many a critic yesterday, good stuff.
yeh but he shudda taken them stupid sunglasses off at least once! i watched the whole thing cept for 20minutes of the last few overs india had batting!! was on the edge of my seat for the entire last over!
yummy! lol!

how r u?
SHANDY
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
People stop argueing WTF did I say? I said that India won and thats it, now get on with your lives.
Hash
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Inzamam ate my paratha!

By the way, India are a far superior team. People who say that say match fixing happened, are just making excuses for Pakistan losing. It was too good to be true? Damn right.
Nima
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
People stop argueing WTF did I say? I said that India won and thats it, now get on with your lives.
I approve of your avatar.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kokopops)
yeh but he shudda taken them stupid sunglasses off at least once! i watched the whole thing cept for 20minutes of the last few overs india had batting!! was on the edge of my seat for the entire last over!
yummy! lol!

how r u?
Hey you, I'm feeling great, and yourself?

I thought both sides were fairly even to be honest until the final day. Pakistan's openers didn't give their team a chance to be honest, and I think that's what won it for India as they even stretched the run rate to 2 a ball.
kokopops
Rep:
?
(Original post by *reasoning*)
You're Indian? You are quite fair skinned for Indian.
yup am indian...! yeh...fair skinned...least thats what ppl say, ive been mistaken for being greek and puerto-rican!
well puerto-rican when im sorta tanned...! lol...go figure!
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Hash)
Inzamam ate my paratha!

By the way, India are a far superior team. People who say that say match fixing happened, are just making excuses for Pakistan losing. It was too good to be true? Damn right.
I wouldn't say India are far superior to Pakistan but I'd call them the second best side in the world.

# Who ate all the naan
Who ate all the naan
You fat Inzy
You fat Inzy
You ate all the naan #
kokopops
Rep:
?
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Hey you, I'm feeling great, and yourself?

I thought both sides were fairly even to be honest until the final day. Pakistan's openers didn't give their team a chance to be honest, and I think that's what won it for India as they even stretched the run rate to 2 a ball.
im good! they were even! the pakistanis played well and so did the indians...!
just on the day of the final the "boys from bombay" played better! yay!
irfan and zaheer...mmmmmmmmm! lol!
kokopops
Rep:
?
thats something tho...inzie won man of the tournament and all this crap and he didnt even smile....! ok u lost...get over it! look 2 the future and be a good loser!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (60)
19.74%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (120)
39.47%
Nope, not that interesting (124)
40.79%

Watched Threads