India Win Watch

This discussion is closed.
soccercrazygal
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by HasanB)
oh dear .... that was absolutely appalling ... amazing innings by sehwag, congrats to him. But that was a soulless, dismal display by our team, they should be shot for that. It was apparently hot and difficult to bowl, but 350 odd for 2, thats a shocker, india played breat, but a very disappointing performance by pakistan, our players dont seem to realise the magnitude of the occasion and are constantly letting the whole country down, its saddening and bitterly disappointing.
Great day couldnt watch the match coz i was at school till 4:30 pm.. besides dont get it on my tv anyway stupidddddd :rolleyes: But ooo yeaa Sehwag keeps going... gmm were there any dropped catches / half chances for pakistani's?? from wha u say, seems like sehwag's set 2 score 300 + lol
soccercrazygal
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by kokopops)
i used 2 hate it...didnt get why people were running between two lots of sticks! lol! BUT....i gotta say, watching this 5day thing....AMAZING...the final, i watched it all and was on the edge of my seat ALL afternoon! ...
Loved da final it was fab coz we wonn of course.. lol da best bit i watched in a paki's house with 90 % more pakistani's than indianss... wow it was amazing howw silent the place gott lol.. theyyy still thought they weree gonnoooo win hahahah pooorr thang's would have hated if we lost!!!
HasanB
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by soccercrazygal)
Great day couldnt watch the match coz i was at school till 4:30 pm.. besides dont get it on my tv anyway stupidddddd :rolleyes: But ooo yeaa Sehwag keeps going... gmm were there any dropped catches / half chances for pakistani's?? from wha u say, seems like sehwag's set 2 score 300 + lol
yes they dropped sehwag 2 times i believe, maybe more, but i th ink it was "only" 2. I was watchin it the first dropped chance ... it was a simple skier to sami and he somehow dropped it. Boycott would have sed "me grandma could hav caught that" . and he was only on abt 20 then. Well if our team cant hold onto easy chances like that in a high level test match then they deserve what they got. Poor performance pakistan uve let down your fans ... shocking stuff.
HasanB
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hmmm never heard of Twenty cricket? what is it???? sounds interesting.. all attackinng version haha.. all i know is french cricket, it was great to play it in the terrace when i lived in indiaa
Twenty 20 cricket is played at county level in england. Its quite exciting, it kinda replicates football, there are loadsa innovative rules, including subs etc. uve got dugouts on the boundary line, football style.. lol
Jazthaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Sup all, can't wait 2 see how much India rack up 2mo. I'm also really pleased 2 see how many ladies are actually into cricket in a big way, especially u kokopops! gud stuff. Who saw Shewag bump into S Akhtar wit his bat? shud have just beaten him there n den, Akhtar looks like hes on weird steriods neway.

Oh yeh and that Sami guy looks like a poof, easily the most annoyin person 2 look at on the pitch.
Meeps
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Jazthaman)
Sup all, can't wait 2 see how much India rack up 2mo. I'm also really pleased 2 see how many ladies are actually into cricket in a big way, especially u kokopops! gud stuff. Who saw Shewag bump into S Akhtar wit his bat? shud have just beaten him there n den, Akhtar looks like hes on weird steriods neway.
yeh it will b brill 4 us. i reckon we will try to bat the whole day tomo as well to rack up a score of around 700 and then i reckon we will try and get 20 wickets in a row. what you reckon?

[/QUOTE]Oh yeh and that Sami guy looks like a poof, easily the most annoyin person 2 look at on the pitch.[/QUOTE]

lol
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Meeps)
yeh it will b brill 4 us. i reckon we will try to bat the whole day tomo as well to rack up a score of around 700 and then i reckon we will try and get 20 wickets in a row. what you reckon?

Oh yeh and that Sami guy looks like a poof, easily the most annoyin person 2 look at on the pitch.
lol
How very ambitious. I think Pakistan will have something to say about that!

And I agree the copper brown in Sami's hair is disgusting, we already have enough Bengalis round here with that ugliness...
Meeps
Report 15 years ago
Hmmm never heard of Twenty cricket? what is it???? sounds interesting.. all attackinng version haha.. all i know is french cricket, it was great to play it in the terrace when i lived in indiaa
lol. 20-20 cricket is a new english county tournament cup. its only played here and i hope they dont extend it to other countries cause although it is really attacking the cricket itself gets way too rushed. its where each team has 20 overs to get as many runs as possible. i reckon 30 overs would be better because it will allow us to appreciate the game more but still have the attacking edge. i think 30 overs is healthier balance.
Meeps
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by XTinaA)
How very ambitious. I think Pakistan will have something to say about that!

And I agree the copper brown in Sami's hair is disgusting, we already have enough Bengalis round here with that ugliness...
lol. yep pakistan may well do!
HasanB
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Meeps)
lol. yep pakistan may well do!
ok lets not get personal on this now, i mean there are plenty of indians who look like complete jackasses ... Balaji for example, cant really compete with that for lookin annoying now can u.

As for India piling on the runs, the pitch is absolutely dead, nothin in it for the bowlers, hardly n e pace, just enuf for the ball to come onto the bat and no movement whatsoever. When Pakistan bat its likely that theyll score quite a bit too and this match will most likely end in a draw. of course india have played and batted well, but theres no need to get cocky over only the first innings of a test match.
Big P
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I dont care what anyone says but scoring almost 700 runs in two days (sehwag scoring 320 as well) is down to just total dominance over pakistan.... pitch conditions or whatever!!
India have really come out on top at the right time and with Kumble back, Pakistan are really in it now!!!
Anu
Report 15 years ago
india
innitman_uk
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Who can deny India have the best Test batting line-up in the world?

Openers (Sehwag/Chopra) - now average more for the opening stand than anyone else right now (65 compared with next best Langer and Hayden's 60)

Dravid - the most secure batsman, his test match average has never been below 50

Tendulkar - record number of runs in one-day, 2nd best in test centuries, regarded as the best in the world by many

Laxman - averages over 60 against the best team in the world (Australia)

Ganguly - 2nd most ODI centuries
ShOcKzZ
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by innitman_uk)
Who can deny India have the best Test batting line-up in the world?

Openers (Sehwag/Chopra) - now average more for the opening stand than anyone else right now (65 compared with next best Langer and Hayden's 60)

Dravid - the most secure batsman, his test match average has never been below 50

Tendulkar - record number of runs in one-day, 2nd best in test centuries, regarded as the best in the world by many

Laxman - averages over 60 against the best team in the world (Australia)

Ganguly - 2nd most ODI centuries
yeh, sick innit?
HasanB
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
India have a great line up, envious almost . and they played brilliantly, sehwags innings was great , but lets not forget the 3 dropped chances of him. Pakistan have made a good start to their response by closing on 42/0 ... a hell of a lot of work left to do though. India have done well but really looking at the pitch pakistan should do well too. Whether someone can get 300 odd is arguable but keep in mind that it was only last year that inzamam made 330 not out against a new zealand line up featuring shane bond, daryl tuffey, daniel vettori etc, the same attack that is currently tormenting south africa.
Meeps
Report 15 years ago
ok lets not get personal on this now, i mean there are plenty of indians who look like complete jackasses ... Balaji for example, cant really compete with that for lookin annoying now can u.

As for India piling on the runs, the pitch is absolutely dead, nothin in it for the bowlers, hardly n e pace, just enuf for the ball to come onto the bat and no movement whatsoever. When Pakistan bat its likely that theyll score quite a bit too and this match will most likely end in a draw. of course india have played and batted well, but theres no need to get cocky over only the first innings of a test match.
sorry if you were thinking i was being sarcastic but i actually genuinely meant pakistan mite actually have something to say still. of course it will be hard now, but they still can draw. lol (jokes)

soz again if u thought i was taking the piss.
Dil
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Meeps)
sorry if you were thinking i was being sarcastic but i actually genuinely meant pakistan mite actually have something to say still. of course it will be hard now, but they still can draw. lol (jokes)

soz again if u thought i was taking the piss.
Nah i think that we'll get an innings victory and it will be all over by the fourth day... well i hope so anyway chances are that the match will end a draw but there is defo no chance of pakistan getting it- i can see irfan getting some wickets tomorro!
Meeps
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Dil)
Nah i think that we'll get an innings victory and it will be all over by the fourth day... well i hope so anyway chances are that the match will end a draw but there is defo no chance of pakistan getting it- i can see irfan getting some wickets tomorro!
i reckon we will win, i was just giving moral sympathy to Hasan and pretending to say that they still have a chance lol
soccercrazygal
Report 15 years ago
yes they dropped sehwag 2 times i believe, maybe more, but i th ink it was "only" 2. I was watchin it the first dropped chance ... it was a simple skier to sami and he somehow dropped it. Boycott would have sed "me grandma could hav caught that" . and he was only on abt 20 then. Well if our team cant hold onto easy chances like that in a high level test match then they deserve what they got. Poor performance pakistan uve let down your fans ... shocking stuff.
Dropped chancess r the worsee thing ever, i wonder if they get nightmare's abt it and stuff esp since Sehwag went on to make more than 300 All good for us tho, dayumm i have been coming homee from school evryday around 4:30, the match's finished by then, thats sooooo horrible, damn that its just this week :rolleyes:

haha Boycott a few years agooo i loveedd his commentry it was passionate well atleast better than the one's dese days they r sooo boring :eek:

teams always have horrible matches once in a way, dont worry too much, as long as u aint one of the player's they wont burn ur house down lol
Dil
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Meeps)
i reckon we will win, i was just giving moral sympathy to Hasan and pretending to say that they still have a chance lol
hmmm i think that the key to victory will be getting some early wickets tomorro morning- that will get the pakistan brickin themselves. i am optimistic of this though cos Irfan was getting quite a lot of movement from the ball in the few overs that he bowled and then there's old Anil, who's bound to tear through the lower order.
byt the way, does anyone know what's happened to the turbanator
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (212)
12.76%
Excited (148)
8.91%
Worried (302)
18.18%
Terrified (374)
22.52%
Meh (151)
9.09%
Confused (36)
2.17%