Caught on camera? Watch

Mellanie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I had an interview for a job with a fairly large company. I drove to the interview with my dress and jacket in the back of the car, intending to find a bathroom to change in when I got there.

I parked in the very corner of the car park. It was a lovely day (you know the hot weather we've been having), there was a large van to one side of me and a shrubbery to the other and it appeared totally private, so I stripped off my top and jeans, and the old sports bra I was wearing, and put on a fancier bra and my dress, jacket and good shoes. I probably spent about 30 seconds or so standing there in my knickers whilst I sorted my clothes out.

I locked the car and went off thinking that that was a lot nicer than having to cope in a bathroom, and I was nearly looking forward to getting changed back again on my return, when I heard a "whirr" behind me and looked up to see a security camera beginning to follow me!

On my return, just as I got near the car I heard the camera move again. I jumped in the car and drove home as I was.

And, no, I did not get the job.

Think I was caught on camera?
dh00001
Badges: 14
Report 12 years ago
sounds very likely. im sure the security were pleased :p:

useless fact of the day = you are caught on camera over 300 times a day
Mellanie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
WOah! 300 times, thats a joke!
sexysax
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by dh00001)

useless fact of the day = you are caught on camera over 300 times a day
Even if you stay indoors?
juicylgd
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
wow i love these facts!
Hulk56
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Come on, you were going to an interview, not a fashion show, so how come you wanted to change your clothes there. You should have just gone there looking smart already. No offence, but its one of the stupid things I've heard on this site. Anyway I think there is a chance that you may have been caught on camera but what can you do now? Even if you have then nothing can really happen. Sorry you didn't get the job though. Better luck next time! :cool:
dh00001
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by sexysax)
Even if you stay indoors?
Especially if your indoors :p: there are spies everywhere :ninja:
Big Fat Mel
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
Indeed, have you ever seen "You've been Framed" ? The multitude of household video extracts is alarming! To think Lisa Riley can conceal herself so effectively, it's amazing!
dh00001
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Big Fat Mel)
Indeed, have you ever seen "You've been Framed" ? The multitude of household video extracts is alarming! To think Lisa Riley can conceal herself so effectively, it's amazing!
they say the camera adds ten pounds.... :rolleyes:
sexysax
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:eek: Oh no!!:p:
michaelnicholson88
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
they say the camera adds ten pounds.... :rolleyes:
So how many cameras are on her exactly?
dh00001
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by michaelnicholson88)
wide angle lense :p:
Thinker06
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ChloePrice)
I had an interview for a job with a fairly large company. I drove to the interview with my dress and jacket in the back of the car, intending to find a bathroom to change in when I got there.

I parked in the very corner of the car park. It was a lovely day (you know the hot weather we've been having), there was a large van to one side of me and a shrubbery to the other and it appeared totally private, so I stripped off my top and jeans, and the old sports bra I was wearing, and put on a fancier bra and my dress, jacket and good shoes. I probably spent about 30 seconds or so standing there in my knickers whilst I sorted my clothes out.

I locked the car and went off thinking that that was a lot nicer than having to cope in a bathroom, and I was nearly looking forward to getting changed back again on my return, when I heard a "whirr" behind me and looked up to see a security camera beginning to follow me!

On my return, just as I got near the car I heard the camera move again. I jumped in the car and drove home as I was.

And, no, I did not get the job.

Think I was caught on camera?
Lol,
Sounds like a great anecdote to save for those wintery nights over a few glasses of wine and a chin-wag, but in all seriousness it would have maybe gone in your favour to be ready in advance; Interviewers can maybe pickup on things that may have never crossed your mind, but on an even more serious note getting undressed in a car-park is a recipe for disaster:
There you have Shrubbery on one side, a perfect place for an attacker to creep up on you and drag you in, then a Van on the other side equally as perfect; you could be dragged in and taken off somewhere, never to be taken home again.
All the best for your next Interview.
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Just because the camera moved doesn't necessarily mean there was anyone watching and controlling it.

But haha all the same.
Doodahdoo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by michaelnicholson88)
So how many other Friends lines are you going to quote?

I have to say, CCTV is actually flipping amazing. I work in boots, and one Saturday, we had two shoplifters. On Sunday, we got a phone call from the CCTV guys saying that the people that were caught yesterday were going back into the shop. They were dead right, actually.

Hate to say it, but people do pay attention.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%

Watched Threads