Small rant Watch

This discussion is closed.
Ditzy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
My parents are driving me crazy and I've only been back since sunday. I have no idea how I'm gonna cope in June when I have to move home permanently.

My mother has taken to telling me that she's going to work every morning, as in she shouts through my bedroom door (when I'm blatantly still asleep) and if I don't respond shouting againg and agian until I acknowledge her. Is it too much to ask to be left in peace until my alarm goes off?!

I'm also being used as some sort of slave. I don't mind doing a bit of housework when I'm at home all day and my parents are at work, but when I'm eating my dinner it would be nice to be left in peace and not to have to leap up and make my dad a cup of tea when he's just sat on his ass doing nothing.

I'm getting really worried now, I can't afford not to live at home next year, but I'm really starting to regret deciding to move back. They are driving me insane! :mad:
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Dont live at home, even if it means getting into debt.
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
move out
Ditzy
Rep:
?
(Original post by imasillynarb)
Dont live at home, even if it means getting into debt.
I'm already in debt, thats the problem. The only way to move out would be to declare myself backrupt, which I'm not too keen on doing. My parents aren't too hot on the idea of me moving out at the minute as I don't have a clue what I want to do with myself for the rest of my life so have no prospects at the minute. I'm just preying I can get a job elsewhere and get paid a nice relocation fee. Don't get me wrong, I love my parents and everything, I just prefer them when I'm not living with them!
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ditzy blonde)
I'm already in debt, thats the problem. The only way to move out would be to declare myself backrupt, which I'm not too keen on doing. My parents aren't too hot on the idea of me moving out at the minute as I don't have a clue what I want to do with myself for the rest of my life so have no prospects at the minute. I'm just preying I can get a job elsewhere and get paid a nice relocation fee. Don't get me wrong, I love my parents and everything, I just prefer them when I'm not living with them!
living on the street is the only optionm i'm affraid....
Barny
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I know exactly what you mean, these days my parents really manage to annoy the hell out of me, I dont know how they do it, they just push exactly the right buttons to annoy the HELL out of me.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Do you have you own bedroom? if so what facilties do you have in it?

I basicaly treat my parents house like a flat, I have everything in my bedroom so rarely have to speak to anybody else. I just have to share bathroom and kitchen facilities. I can come and go when I please.
Barny
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Are you not just home for the Uni break? Surely youll be back to uni soon?
Ditzy
Rep:
?
(Original post by imasillynarb)
Are you not just home for the Uni break? Surely youll be back to uni soon?
Yeah, but only for a few weeks, I graduate this year (very scary!)

I have my own room etc, but its not that big, and my parents won't leave me to my own devises. They keep wanting to know what I'm doing and where I'm going and when I'll be home, and they keep making me do house work. They interrupted my internet session earlier to make me wash up. I'm like a modern day Cinderella!
iiikewldude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

I have my own room etc, but its not that big, and my parents won't leave me to my own devises. They keep wanting to know what I'm doing and where I'm going and when I'll be home, and they keep making me do house work. They interrupted my internet session earlier to make me wash up. I'm like a modern day Cinderella!
i'm constantly being bothered by my mum, she means well but i can never get any peace. Looking forwards to moving out in uni.
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

sounds bloody annoying, i have the same problem, i just hope as i get older they get better, form what you are saying it doesn't....
Mr Brightside
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Do you have you own bedroom? if so what facilties do you have in it?

I basicaly treat my parents house like a flat, I have everything in my bedroom so rarely have to speak to anybody else. I just have to share bathroom and kitchen facilities. I can come and go when I please.
Same with me mate, and i'm only 16. It's absolute quality.

As for the the question, what should you do? Eh tell them to get lost in no uncertain terms may work, they may see you as still the child they can push over. If you tell them directly where to go they may see you in a totally different light.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What you are in so much debt that you couldnt get a crappy job that pays enough to cover spending money and rent?
I managed to live for 4 months on a parttime cleaners salary to stay away from home so unless you have seriously overspent at uni I doubt that you can be that bad. Isnt going bankrupt illegal for students now?

My parents constantly come in my room without knocking want to know where i will be and what I'm doing all the time, I'm dreading going home for the summer but I wont stay long.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (153)
27.42%
No (405)
72.58%

Watched Threads