The Student Room Group

Results 2013 Discussion Thread

As it says on the tin, really….

Just remember, if your results weren’t all you’d hoped for or expected, that there’s plenty of help and advice around, and all is not lost (although I know it can feel like that just at the moment).

Scroll to see replies

...I don't understand why this thread is empty?
Reply 2
Let's make this thread slightly more active :smile:

I got BBB from English Lit, History and Psychology, all AQA exams.

I've been accepted into my Ancient History and History course at Leicester with my offer at ABB so I'm very happy!

Hope everyone else did well! :biggrin:
Reply 4
I got A*A*A*A and will be off to Oxford this year. Very happy :smile:
AS results:
Biology - B
Chemistry - D
Maths - D
Music - D
General Studies (with no lessons) - C

May not look like much to some people but I'm happy!
I got
Biology- B
Chemistry- A
Maths-A
Further Maths- A
I'm kinda worried abt the B coz i wanna apply for medicine 2014 entry and im taking a gap year. Is it possible to resit Biology during my gap year?
Got 3 B's and a C. SOOOO HAPPY. :smile:
Reply 8
AS Chem - A
AS Bio - A
AS Physics - A
AS Maths - A
AS Economics - A
A2 Critical thinking - A

Applying to Cambridge for Natural Sciences, fingers crossed! :biggrin:
I managed to get
Psychology A2 - A*
Geography A2 - B
History A2 - B
Environmental Management AS - B

I'm absolutely chuffties, got into my firm and everything! Didn't expect the A* in Psych given that I scraped a B at AS, but I worked my socks off and it paid off! :party:
My results;

AS Chemistry : B
AS Maths : B
AS Physics : C (only a couple off a B)
AS Economics : C (1 off a B :frown: )

Does anyone know if unis asking for ABB will require ABB at AS in the subject? I've seen other people go from BCC to AAA? :confused:
Reply 11
Quite unexpected

A* Computing
A* Maths
A Further Maths
C Economics

Oh Economics, economics, economics. Always the one that gives me a reality check. AQA anyone?
So during AS I had 74 and 85 which led to me being 1 mark off an A. This January I had 78 in unit 3, which I remarked and remained 78. Now for June I retook and it came out 78 again. Also a slap in the face with a U in unit 4. I'd like to think that I had a grumpy examiner who hated my name and terrible handwriting...but I'm probably just an idiot.
I missed out on my firm by 8 ums in my strongest subject - I was totally gutted. Got into my insurance, but not sure I want to go there after all... Firmed UCL for Physics with an offer of AAB including A in Maths and A in Physics and managed to get;

A* EPQ (very Physics-y)
A* Maths
B Chemistry
B Physics

Physics was easily my best subject, but I managed to completely flunk one of my EMPAs and got a u, which dragged my grade from A to B. Literally all my other physics modules were high A region, even my Year 12 EMPA where I only dropped like 5 UMS, yet I ballsed the Year 13 one up royally and as such am relying on a remark to see if I can scrabble together 4/5 raw marks. If I can, I'll be off in September to London. If not, I'm resitting a year and redoing the stupid coursework as well as doing FM to try and get on a theoretical course.

I am seething with myself. So mad.
As result
Chemistry c
Biology c
Maths c
Physics b
Not happy at all with these results . I really wanted to apply for a course whose entry requirement are ABB-AAB this year .can I still apply for that course.????? Plus I don't have any proper gcses because I only came to the UK last year so it was my first year studing here. Any advice please.
Original post by Joannywhite
I got
Biology- B
Chemistry- A
Maths-A
Further Maths- A
I'm kinda worried abt the B coz i wanna apply for medicine 2014 entry and im taking a gap year. Is it possible to resit Biology during my gap year?

Yes, you can resit Biology in your gap year. Do you need to resit everything or just a couple of papers? Not sure whether things have changed but I've certainly heard of people resitting whole A-levels in one year.
Suzie
Original post by annemariemoore
I managed to get
Psychology A2 - A*
Geography A2 - B
History A2 - B
Environmental Management AS - B

I'm absolutely chuffties, got into my firm and everything! Didn't expect the A* in Psych given that I scraped a B at AS, but I worked my socks off and it paid off! :party:

So did you have to resit some of your AS modules to be able to get the A* in Psych overall?
Reply 16
So who was self teaching?
Reply 17
i'm looking through the grades everybody has and they've done really well.
i'm jealous cause i tried my hardest and F ****ing failed my exams and have the ****test results ever.
History: E
Business: E
Sociology: D
How can this happen i revised made notes did post its everything. whereas, in my January exams i hardly tried and i passed all my exams
History: C
Sociology B

I have no clue what to do next. Is there any point of me carrying on with A Levels
Should i start the year again?
Drop out entirely and do an apprenticeship or get a job?
i have no idea on what i want to do i have so many things i want to try but can't make my mind up!!!!!!!!

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :s
Hey guys, these are my results for my AS subjects and I was just wondering if they were decent grades

ICT-A
Sociology-B
Religious Studies-C
Media Studies- D

are they good or bad?
Reply 19
AS Predicted!
Biology = B
Chemistry = A
Physics = B
Maths = A

AS Results!