The Student Room Group

Generic PWC ideal client question

Got to the ideal client question stage, read some good previous advice on this and now looking to write a good answer. The question seems forward looking; do you think I'd be making a mistake answering this in the past tense? So for example talking about a company I know alot about that has undergone significant restructuring in the past, various mergers and disposals etc and talk about the services I could have offered them at these times as well as touching on future opportunities...

or should I focus my answer solely on the present and future?

Here is the question just incase anyone is wondering:

Imagine you are working at PwC. If you could choose an ideal client to advise, who would it be? Your ideal client does not have to be a current client of PwC.
In answering this question please provide us with answers to the following:

Who is your ideal client and what services do they provide?

What services and advice could PwC offer this client?

What commercial/industry issues are affecting this client in the business market that should be taken into account when providing them with advice?

(maximum 500 words)
Reply 1
*Insert something to do with horses and zebras*

Don't overcomplicate the situation. This person who will read your answer likely wants to see that you have some commercial awareness (bullet 1), that you are aware of what PWC can offer (bullet 2) and that you can apply your knowledge from the previous two in a reasonable manner (bullet 3).

Talking retrospectively would probably be fine, but why take the risk? All it takes is for the person reading it to think 'this guy didn't understand the question' and you're out. Not worth the risk IMO!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending