This discussion is closed.
ToshTrent
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Should we be able to defend our property with all force necessary?

Yes/No - Why?
Amb1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ToshTrent)

Yes/No - Why?
Yes. Why not?
riffraff
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Amb1)
Yes. Why not?
does that mean if someone nicks your eraser, you can beat them to a bloody pulp?
Amb1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by riffraff)
does that mean if someone nicks your eraser, you can beat them to a bloody pulp?
Slightly extreme scenario. But yeah, go for it!!
Amb1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Is this relating to that Tony Martin fella or whatever his name is? Didn't he shoot the culprit(s) as they were running away? Hardly self defence or defending his home.

Criminals have too many rights though. When you're commiting a crime you should automatically be giving up your normal rights, you should accept whatever happens to you when you're commiting that crime.
Exactly, they shouldn't have been there in the first place. Didn't the other one try to sue him? Absolutely ridiculous!
SHANDY
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by riffraff)
Sure dows, in third world countries the people who rob get their hands chopped of and all so this sets an example to fellow theives.
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes....with all force NECESSARY!!!! Its not acceptable to use force where its not needed.

G
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Yes/No - Why?
necessary for what?
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think that if you are in a kill or be killed situation then yes you should be able to take some kind of action, but otherwise no. Taking the law into your own hands really isnt acceptable.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
So you'd just stand by and let someone burgle your house?
thats ur decision. u should be allowed to defend ur property with reasonable force but i dont believe any necessary force is acceptable.
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
thats ur decision. u should be allowed to defend ur property with reasonable force but i dont believe any necessary force is acceptable.

One of the easiest ways to treat a burglar is to be extremely nice to them. Make them feel at home. My mates dad actually did this. He offered him a cup of coffee as he was doing his business, the retard accepted, and of course guess who left organic remains on the coffee jar.
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
So you'd just stand by and let someone burgle your house?
Yes I would rather they took my stuff than hurt myself or my family if they didnt threaten me with physical harm theres no way I'd take action and if they did i wouldnt want to retaliate. I dont think violence is the answer to anything I would hope the police would do their job.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The problem is, when a violent situation arises, anything can happen. I might defend my property with what I think is reasonable force (i.e. pinning them down til the boys in blue arrive) but may end up breaking their arm or something, in which case I'd be getting charged with GBH.
thats debatable....
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Its impossible to say until you find yourself in that situation.

I do know from experience though that relying on the police to do their job is often a waste of time.
I know I wouldnt retaliate because my grandfathers house was burgled and we caught them in the act. They got away but there is no way that I would have used force to stop them.
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Did the police catch them?
eventually yep.
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
Yes I would rather they took my stuff than hurt myself or my family if they didnt threaten me with physical harm theres no way I'd take action and if they did i wouldnt want to retaliate. I dont think violence is the answer to anything I would hope the police would do their job.
Anybody tries to rob my house and they'll die of gunshot wounds. Period.

And the great thing about it is that as long as I don't do anything daft, (like shoot them in the back) there ain't a cop in the State of Florida that would arrest me for it.
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Yes/No - Why?
If the person is in your home or trying to break in, then yes but only to the extent necessary. If the person is already fleeing then back off and let the police do their job, shooting someone in the back is not defense.
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
Anybody tries to rob my house and they'll die of gunshot wounds. Period.

And the great thing about it is that as long as I don't do anything daft, (like shoot them in the back) there ain't a cop in the State of Florida that would arrest me for it.

I dont like guns I'd freak if there was one in my house. I'm so clumsy i know I'd somehow shoot myself.
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Is that because they are all in 'donut' shops instead of out arresting people?
Well if it's anything like my town, they don't go on duty until 6pm and then they are all off duty at 6am, so you're basically screwed if someone decides to break in at 7am.
riffraff
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
after the police had come round to my dad's house, there was a hell of a lot of stuff missing :rolleyes:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (345)
34.6%
No (652)
65.4%

Watched Threads