Punch the f**ker! Watch

This discussion is closed.
Apollo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by riffraff)
does that mean if someone nicks your eraser, you can beat them to a bloody pulp?
how about just slap them around a little bit
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If i caught anyone in my closet trying to steal my wardrobe... methinks i would have to kill them.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
Anybody tries to rob my house and they'll die of gunshot wounds. Period.

And the great thing about it is that as long as I don't do anything daft, (like shoot them in the back) there ain't a cop in the State of Florida that would arrest me for it.
Can't you argue that it was ricochet?
Nima
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ToshTrent)
Should we be able to defend our property with all force necessary?

Yes/No - Why?
If it is under threat, then yes. Within reason of course.
Moog
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'd give them a good beating, then tie them up and make them eat somthing disgusting! Ooo n give them a nuggy! While I waited for the filth to arrive.
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
the problem is the law (in uk) says to use "reasonable" force, however that is relative to the intentions/actions of the burglar. thing is, if you are upstairs and they are downstairs, you have no idea of their intentions. so how can ou react accordingly?
androidkiller
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yep, everyone has a different definition of reasonable. I think shooting to stop them NOT to kill them would be OK but to tell you the truth I don't think we should have guns in our houses anyway. In America guns in houses injure more family members than burglars (and don't try to say that's because Americans are dumb, I'm sure it would happen here too with some of the idiots I know).

I agree that the law always seems to be on the criminals side in England at the moment. It needs sorting out. Signing up to that European Human Rights Legislation was the worst thing ever to happen to our legal system since it seems to only protect criminals. I think criminals should lose some of their human rights, after all doesn't prison deny them the right to free movement, so why don't we extend that?
Amb1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by androidkiller)
Yep, everyone has a different definition of reasonable. I think shooting to stop them NOT to kill them would be OK but to tell you the truth I don't think we should have guns in our houses anyway. In America guns in houses injure more family members than burglars (and don't try to say that's because Americans are dumb, I'm sure it would happen here too with some of the idiots I know).

I agree that the law always seems to be on the criminals side in England at the moment. It needs sorting out. Signing up to that European Human Rights Legislation was the worst thing ever to happen to our legal system since it seems to only protect criminals. I think criminals should lose some of their human rights, after all doesn't prison deny them the right to free movement, so why don't we extend that?
Precisely!!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/3524350.stm
tommorris
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by androidkiller)
Yep, everyone has a different definition of reasonable.
Hence why you have a jury. If twelve people decide that they would have acted similarly when faced with the same situation situation, then they find not guilty.
Little Britain
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Amb1)
Precisely!!
What really gets on my tits is little shits think that they can break into houses and nick whatever they want. It doesn't matter to them if you have saved for a year to by your stereo or whatever, and I know insurance claims cover the monetary value of things. It's what you don't see i.e. somebody terrified to live in their own home in case they come back. When burglers are cought, what do they get? 10 hours community service, it's a joke.
Amb1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Little Britain)
What really gets on my tits is little shits think that they can break into houses and nick whatever they want. It doesn't matter to them if you have saved for a year to by your stereo or whatever, and I know insurance claims cover the monetary value of things. It's what you don't see i.e. somebody terrified to live in their own home in case they come back. When burglers are cought, what do they get? 10 hours community service, it's a joke.
I had a bit of rant about this the other day but didn't get any support!!
(Original post by Amb1)
Why do 'normal', respectable, everyday people have to pay for criminal little sh*ts who think they can go round stealing and damaging anything they choose??
Example: I had my car stolen a while ago and it was such a huge hassle to sort everything out. I ended up losing several £100 on my car, had to claim off the insurance, had to shell out an extra £100 (ish) per year on my car insurance for the next 3 years, the B*stards also disposed of everything that was in my car (radio, tapes, mats, air freshners, nodding shaun the sheep....) so I lost all that too. Nevermind the time I had to spend phoning the police, the insurance, getting buses/taxis.....

I do appreciate that there are worse things that could happen but it really annoys me that I had to waste all that time and money with absolutely no benefit to myself - it was totally unnecessary! And the buggers get off scot-free and just keep doing it.
It was my first car that I had to save up £750 to buy and I'd only had it a month!
Little Britain
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Amb1)
I had a bit of rant about this the other day but didn't get any support!!

It was my first car that I had to save up £750 to buy and I'd only had it a month!
Little *******s. I know it is an old cliche - it's the parents' fault. As a parent myself I completely agree. When my son gets older he will respect other people's property or else. I had this conversation with my husband yesterday and he said that when he did something wrong when he was young he was more terrified of his father than he was of the police. This is the way it should be. Some parents don't give a monkeys what their kids do. I am not saying that you should beat the **** out of your kids, but half of them don't know right from wrong.
Amb1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Little Britain)
Little *******s. Half of them don't know right from wrong.
It's sad isn't it?! I agree, bad parents have a lot to answer for. What worries me is that there will be more cases like the Tony Martin one in the future when all the little shites grow up. They're not just growing up doing whatever they want, they're also being made aware of how to get out of things - all these cases where burglars can sue someone for beating them over the head in the middle of the night in the middle of your house, I can't believe the b*stards have the nerve - and then the person being robbed feels guilty for defending themselves!!!!! ...rant rant rant, I could go on forever but I'm winding myself up!
Joseph_SOUTH
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I personally believe that a person should be able to use more force than they can at the moment, but i don't believe they should be allowed to do whatever they want to a burglar, that's rediculous. If a burglar was cought in your house, you surely could'nt be able to take them downstairs to your basement and torture them to death, that's ridiculous.
The English legal system is about being fair, and using force to defend yourself, not to take revenge, that's savage.
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think that people should be allowed to protect their property with reasonable force which means stopping the threat but not killing them if possible. Of course if the person is being violent and acting like they are going to kill or hurt your family then killing them may be the only option. However I think shooting a person as they are running off is not acceptable because they are no longer a threat. I don't believe that criminals should ever be allowed to sue for injuries aquired during their criminal activities. Revenge attacks after are a different matter. When people are hurt while breaking into someones house then there should always be an investigation but there need not be a trial except in cases like Tony martin (not sure if that is his name) where the person was no longer a threat.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by randdom)
However I think shooting a person as they are running off is not acceptable
If I was on my own and had a gun and I saw someone on my property and wanted to shoot them, I'd shoot them whether they were running away or not. It would just be natural instinct.

*bang*
ToshTrent
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Good replies thanx chaps!

I've been targeted by the little shits a few times myself, I’ll just list what I can remember being stolen within the last couple years...

2 bikes worth about £800 each
1 car stereo worth £600
Watch worth about £200
Jumper
Trainers!!!
Wallet

There has been more over time. This major problem in the country not matter what measures you go to protect something legally, they'll go one step further to get it.

If I see someone nicking my car stereo next time they will be begging for mercy. The police are there to make the government appear they are doing something. Ok they do catch big time criminals sometimes but I sure that involves MI5 CIB/D etc. The Bobbies don't really do much more than target the innocent, in my experience.

So perhaps if we were to take the law into our own hands a little more, would the criminals be a little unsure of taking something?

Cheers
Tosh
ToshTrent
Rep:
?
(Original post by piginapoke)
You're right about the police, they are a waste of time in a lot of cases. But, taking the law into your own hands isn't for everyone. Criminals generally pray on those unable or unwilling to do anything about it.
I don't like violence in any form, but the anger that has built up from having to replace things from hard earnings, has grown to such a level that it begins to eat away at you getting stronger and stronger. As soon as another act gets carried out against you, it almost seems as a personal attack so if this person is caught in the act, I think the actions carried out against them, violent or not, can not/should not be punishable.
ToshTrent
Rep:
?
(Original post by piginapoke)
Well I'm agreeing with you in that I love being a vigilante; what I'm saying is you can't expect everyone to do that as they are unable or unwilling to do it. If we had proper policing where the boys in blue could actually be arse to make arrests [and the CPS to actually charge people] then things might get better.

Short rant: Why does it always seem that serial [minor] offenders get away with things time after time, and yet first timer offenders who are normally law-abiding citizens get punished?
Duno perhaps, they/we look a little more guilty or more clumbsy than the real scum.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (200)
18.74%
No (649)
60.82%
Not really bothered about them (218)
20.43%

Watched Threads