The Student Room Group

Does she like me or is she being polite?

Hey, just looking for some outside opinions. For the record, we're both 19 and I've been interested in this girl for a while. We were only acquaintances through school, but recently, we've starting seeing more of each other. We hadn't spoken initially once sixth-form ended, but then she messaged me on Facebook for my birthday. This got me thinking that we could meet up. So, this summer I organised to go up the park with her and some other ex-sixth-formers. First time, there was a larger group of us so it was difficult to talk with her directly. The second time was much better. We spoke for a while and appear to have things in common; we enjoyed each others company. Nevertheless, she seemed really keen to meet up on both occasions and after the second time of going to the park I got her number (admittedly over Facebook). Since then, we've talked a little over text. She went off on holiday and I wished her a good time etc. Once she got back, she texted me saying that she had fun and I asked her (and another mate) if they wanted to come out shopping with me. Again, she said yes and appeared excited. Also, I've noticed that she now favourites lots of my things on twitter and generally looks to be paying me more attention. Of course, she could just be being polite but she's always really keen to hangout. She also appears enthusiastic around me in person & over text (now sending kisses which she didn't before I had her number). Are any of these signs that she could like me or am I over-analysing? Any views would be helpful, thanks :smile:
Reply 1
It is possible :smile: Ask her!
Reply 2
Carpe diem
Original post by Zarek
Carpe diem

Grab... the frisbee? :confused:

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Taking her shopping could lead you in the friend zone. Be careful.
Reply 5
Just go for it! What's worst that can happen after all, she says no and you can move on with your love life to other lucky ladies ^,^!
From what I read from the situation you are in, I would be confident in asking the girl out and getting a positive response. I am quite curious as to why you are not spending time alone together, opting to bring a mate (or her mate) along too.
The longer you leave it the more difficult it is to ask a girl out as you start to get comfortable with the way the relationship is, the girl (you may too) will see she likes you just the way you are and may not want to risk a good friendship
I don't think you should read too much into things. If you like her, go for it.
Reply 7
Original post by willowdanny
Just go for it! What's worst that can happen after all, she says no and you can move on with your love life to other lucky ladies ^,^!
From what I read from the situation you are in, I would be confident in asking the girl out and getting a positive response. I am quite curious as to why you are not spending time alone together, opting to bring a mate (or her mate) along too.
The longer you leave it the more difficult it is to ask a girl out as you start to get comfortable with the way the relationship is, the girl (you may too) will see she likes you just the way you are and may not want to risk a good friendship

Well, we are going in a smaller group to shopping. There will be 4 or 5 of us. I just want to get to know her a little better before I really commit - perhaps I'm a bit conservative. This said, if it goes well I will definitely ask her out alone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending