The Student Room Group
Reply 1
learn your ratios, and make sure you know the limitations they results of the ratio have on businesses, etc.

the jan exam was mostly on the marketing side so they will probably make it more accounts side. and defo know your critical path analysis it didnt come up in jan so its very likely it will on the exam.
Reply 2
Download the specification from the aqa website.

The exams out of 80:
- 20 marks - marketing
- 20 marks - finance
- 20 marks - operations management
- 20 marks - people
- 4 marks QOWC
Reply 3
Critical Path analysis did come up in the January exam, it was in the question about network tools.
Reply 4
Yeh i think they gave it the term 'Operational management tool'....which is probably why i failed. Quite strange considering the fact that i got an A on unit 5....
Reply 5
I hated that exam in january, was the hardest business one yet, however this was a good thing as the grade boundaries were low which meant i managed to get 86/90!!!
Reply 6
Grade Boundries don't really make a difference between individual exam's, as it's the UMS that determines your final grade.
Reply 7
In Jan they asked you to do shareholder ratios, which I sort of made up because I didn't have a clue (luckily I made them up right :smile:) but definitely go over all the equations - they are easy marks!!

Latest