The Student Room Group

Careers in Golf/Football?

Hi everyone, new here...

I'm a 20 year old studying in the USA and I'm taking a gap year/semester to try and figure out what I want to do in life and pursuing some passions...

I am huge on golf and football (soccer, not American football haha), I'm probably not quite good enough to go pro in either, especially because I have shaky knees, but if I could work in a field related to those then that would be my dream...

I'm just wondering, in the UK (specifically London, if possible - I've seen just through Google Maps that there's quite a few courses just north of London), how popular are jobs in those fields?...What is the job growth expectancy like? I know obviously football is huge and golf is fairly big too, but I was wondering if there are any solid career prospects? Of course I want to love what I do but if it doesn't pay a thing then it's not very viable either. I'm really looking at moving to England or back to my home country of Switzerland in the potentially near future and as said, something in these two fields of sport would be perfect.

I'm working on getting my coaching licenses for football here in the States and am starting an apprenticeship to become a PGA pro soon, for what that's worth as far as experience goes.

But yeah, if anybody could weigh in and let me know that'd be awesome.

Thanks in advance, great forum.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Bump.
You've got an apprenticeship to become a PGA pro? Like, on the tour?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending