The Student Room Group

IGCSE bad grades need help.

I got my grades today i got 1 A*,1B,1C and the rest is Ds which means i didn't get 5 A-C which you need if you want to do A- levels.:mad:
so i went online and found i can do BTEC which is similar to A-levels but you are graded on your coursework and i might have to study for 3 years depending on the college . so i need to decide should i study on my own AS level without a college and while i am at it resit IGCSES in November to get the 5 A-C or should i just take BTEC?
Original post by farid1996
I got my grades today i got 1 A*,1B,1C and the rest is Ds which means i didn't get 5 A-C which you need if you want to do A- levels.:mad:
so i went online and found i can do BTEC which is similar to A-levels but you are graded on your coursework and i might have to study for 3 years depending on the college . so i need to decide should i study on my own AS level without a college and while i am at it resit IGCSES in November to get the 5 A-C or should i just take BTEC?

Have you asked around at all the sixth forms nearby? Sometimes they let you on for sixth form as long as you resist your D's to get a C or above. If this didnt work, personally I'd go to a college and do BTEC because socially it'll be more interesting.
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest