The Student Room Group

Loan Clarification

Hi Mark,

I would like to ask about my 13/14 student finance loan. My application appears as approved, but I checked my latest correspondence ( I am away and I didn't receive the letter by post), and it says that 'The amount you need to pay to the University'. This does not mean that I have to pay the fees this year myself, does it? And if it does, taking in consideration I sent in the loan application and it appears approved, what do I need to do in order to receive the loan?

Please help me out here, I am very much confused.

Thank you very much :smile:
Reply 1
Hi Mark, I am looking forward for your reply today :smile:
Hi there,

Your Tuition Fee Loan amount you are awarded is based on the amount you have applied for, if the university indicate that the Tuition Fee amount is higher than this figure, you would be expected to cover the difference by self funding this.

If you chose to apply for the maximum Tuition Fee Loan amount that you are entitled to, please check that the amount we are paying is the correct amount that the university is expecting you to pay. If these figures don't match, you would need to check with the university that the fee amount in their database is correct and if it is, they will need to send us a change of circumstances to confirm the correct course details and Tuition Fee amount.

Thanks,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending