Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello.
    Birmingham Foundation Academy has an integral foundation programs which is part of a 4 year program ,but it also has a one-year foundation program,with the same (9,000) fees.Can the student loan cover the one-year foundation program?

I want to complete the one-year foundation and the have it as qualification to apply to universities.

If not,can I take the integral foundation program and when I finish the first year (the foundation),change University with this qualification?

ReputationRep:
    What is the difference between the one-year and the four-year programmes?
    The Birmingham Foundation Academy Programme is available in two different formats:
     The Birmingham Foundation Academy Programme (one-year programme). If you complete
    your one-year programme and meet the published progression criteria you will be guaranteed
    a place on one of our three- or four-year undergraduate degree programmes.
     A Bachelor’s Degree with Integrated Foundation Year (four-year programme). This will include
    your one-year Foundation Academy Programme.
    The one-year programme is classified as a course below degree level and therefore we are able
    to accept a slightly lower English language level for the entry requirement.
    From Birmingham's website

ReputationRep:
    As it seems,till it's 1 year program,and its not a complete degree,I can get the student loan for both of them.

ReputationRep:
    1 year program is not funded as it doesnt give you a qualification above level 4
    I dont know whether or not the 4 year one is funded it says bachelors degree but cannot specify it as bachelor of xxxx as you will progress there after the foundation year ends. but it doesnt matter because they usually send that type of offer to international students

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.