Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I have an interview next week and would love some advice. They have given me some topics and wonder if anyone could try and help me turn them into questions?
    Motivation
    Discussing health issues
    Time management
    Working with others
    Responsibility for self
    Non-judgemental/approach to care

Any other do's and don'ts would be great

Thank you in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Go smart/casual. No loud makeup/chipped nail polish/strong perfume. Tie long hair back. Looking presentable and tidy will create a good impression.

Approach the interview as you would any other job interview. Be business-like and professional but open and friendly.

Try to interact with the other interviewees outside of the group discussion. You may not think you are being watched but you are :eek: Not in a bad way, I hasten to add.

Purchase a copy of the Nursing Times or Nursing Standard to swot up on current issues facing nursing and to give you something to talk about if needed.

Make photocopies of all your academic certificates and supporting documentation (passport, proof of address etc) so that you can hand them over with the minimum of fuss. It looks impressive as it shows forethought and organization.

Get some passport photos done and take them with you (just in case).

Good luck!
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Making sure you have all the documentation they've requested (plus photocopies) makes the admin side go much more quickly. If you're in a group interview, don't be afraid to (respectfully) disagree with someone, or provide an alternative view.

With regards to your topics, I would consider:
    1. What is your motivation for taking this course? What is your motivation for the career?
    2. Discussing health issues could possibly just be asking whether you personally have any health issues which the uni would need to cater for. I'd also prepare to discuss the importance of communication, respect and sensitivity when discussing patients' health issues, just in case.
    3. How would you manage your time at university? How will you cope with working shifts? Have you considered how you will use transport in the area? How much of your own time do you expect to spend studying?
    4. Have you got any experience of working with others? You can discuss things from previous study, group work, leadership skills.
    5. This one could be about considering whether you can easily admit to making a mistake, and test your morals about whether you would cover for a friend's mistake.
    6. This could be a scenario approach, for example, you have an extremely overweight man waiting for a heart transplant who has smoked and drank alcohol all of his life, and a normal weight man who has never smoked or drank alcohol but needs a heart transplant due to a genetic issue, who do you prioritise?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.