Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been abroad and a change if circumstances means that I won't be able to make it back to the UK by results day. I wanted to ask, if I were to have someone else collect my results for me, could they just walk in and collect them or would they need some sort of evidence or proof that they are collecting it for me? I've had a friend tell me that they'd require a passport or ID of some sort but I'm not really sure, as those things are all with me and it would mean that I wouldn't be able to collect my results. How would I go about this?

ReputationRep:
    At my school for any external results if you need someone else to collect your results they have to have a letter from you saying you allow them to collect them and ID. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alice_c_97)
    At my school for any external results if you need someone else to collect your results they have to have a letter from you saying you allow them to collect them and ID. Hope this helps
    If this were the case for me, would they require my ID or the ID of the person collecting it for me?

ReputationRep:
    At my college we had to call them up and let them know that someone else will be collecting them (we had to specify who) this was then written on a post-it and put on the envelope for the person to come in and collect it.

Edit: Or you could email them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubble_10)
    At my college we had to call them up and let them know that someone else will be collecting them (we had to specify who) this was then written on a post-it and put on the envelope for the person to come in and collect it.

Edit: Or you could email them.
    I guess I'll just call them then, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sadking11)
    I guess I'll just call them then, thanks!
    At my school you have to call them or email the school and give the name of the person to collect your results. the person has to then come in with ID and a note signed by you(which they can always make since your away)

Or they first class post it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sadking11)
    If this were the case for me, would they require my ID or the ID of the person collecting it for me?
    The person collecting them It would be a note signed by you stating the name of the person you allow to collect your results and their ID is just to prove they are who they say they are! Ringing could also work

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.