Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Left leg (ON THE CLUTCH) always shaking when doing the 3 point turn and stopping at traffic light. Any help on how to control nerves ?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Breatheeeeee. Literally, that's all you can do. Anything specific about a turn in the road or traffic likes that set you on edge?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    nothing really cos I am confident doing them manoeuvres but just my left leg vibrating when I start lifting the clutch and after the manoeuvre. Thanks for the reply
    (Original post by LouiseOrd)
    Breatheeeeee. Literally, that's all you can do. Anything specific about a turn in the road or traffic likes that set you on edge?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by singleandrich)
    nothing really cos I am confident doing them manoeuvres but just my left leg vibrating when I start lifting the clutch and after the manoeuvre. Thanks for the reply
    That happens to me sometimes when I'm holding it at biting point, because I don't have my heel on the floor when my foot's on the clutch (I tried to change it, because my driving instructor pointed it out and said that might cause my foot to move without me realising it or put strain on my leg/foot). Do you do that too? That might be a reason for your leg vibrating?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hmmm might try that tomorrow. Thanks
    (Original post by LouiseOrd)
    That happens to me sometimes when I'm holding it at biting point, because I don't have my heel on the floor when my foot's on the clutch (I tried to change it, because my driving instructor pointed it out and said that might cause my foot to move without me realising it or put strain on my leg/foot). Do you do that too? That might be a reason for your leg vibrating?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Try locking your heel into the floor and pivot your foot on the clutch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clairebear182)
    Try locking your heel into the floor and pivot your foot on the clutch.
    I always struggled! Obviously you don't think to keep your heel on the floor so by the time I've realised, I'm not in a position to adjust my foot. I always find it uncomfortable as well, I feel like my toes are right on the edge and will slip off D:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you want something for your nerves, my instructor recommended I buy Remedy Rescue Spray. It calms you down by putting your nerves at bay. Personally, I haven't used it yet.

Sainbury's sell it for £9:

https://m.sainsburys.co.uk/mt/frames...n_jtt_redirect

Good luck on your driving test!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    failed 1 serious for reversing wide uphill. Thanks for your help everyone

ReputationRep:
    Sorry too hear that. Well done though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.