The Student Room Group

Changing course

I have a problem and I can't seem to find a solution. At the beginning of the year I had thoughts about changing my course. As of right now I have studied Sports Science for 2 years and I have already arranged to be transferred to Game Design starting September within my uni.

From what I understand I am entilied to the length of my course + 1 of funding. As I have used 2 years already I should 2 left. These two years of funding can only be used in my 2nd and 3rd year and I would need to pay for the first year myself. What i'm unsure about is whether I would be paying the £3000 amount or the new £9000 amount. As I am not leaving uni I would assume I fall under the old fees correct ? I don't see why I should have to pay the new fees for new students when i'm not a new student. Iv'e looked around all over for answers and I can't seem to find the same answers everywhere. Some say I pay the old fees since i'm transferring and some say the new fees. I'm completely lost.
Can anyone help ?
Hi there,

Whether you are a new student or a continuing student is a decision made by the university you are studying with. If you start a new course from the first year, you are normally classed as a new student and therefore subject to Tuition Fee amounts up to a maximum of £9000.

In the first instance, we would award you full funding for all years of your new course plus an extra gift year and then minus the 2 years of your previous study to calculate the number of years you are entitled to full funding for the new course. Any years of full entitlement would be awarded to the last years of the new course.

Thanks,
Which means I get funding for years 2&3 and have to pay for the first myself ?

Quick Reply