The Student Room Group

Confused

Hey, since tomorrow is results day, I'm abit worried about getting accepted as psychology is not in clearings for Liverpool uni this year :frown: does this mean that I have a lower chance of getting accepted if I miss a grade or two? However, i'm pretty sure i'll make my insurance choice which in Bournemouth Uni. IF I dont get in Liverpool do you think it's wise to go into clearings? or am i better off just going to Bournemouth. I had a look at the clearings list and there were some interesting uni's which had psychology in clearings (UEA, Swansea, Newcastle)

HELP ME. SHOULD I GO INTO CLEARINGS? or stick with Bournemouth???? How big of a risk is clearings????
Reply 1
Can you not contact the Universities without having accepted/declined your offer from Bournemouth to find out if the universities you are interested in have any vacancies, and then if they offer you a place you can accept it?
You cannot go into clearing without asking Bournemouth to release you from you offer. Universities may talk to you without a clearing number (although they are not supposed to) but they will ask you to accept their offer via track within 24-48 hours, so you will need to be released from your insurance offer before you can do this.

It will be a risk, as Bournemouth may take a while to release you (it can take up to a few days at busy times), and the universities you are interested in may fill their places before this happens. I would only reccomend this course if you are 100% sure you don't want to go to Bournemouth, and would be happy to take a gap year if you didn't get into another university of your choice.
Reply 3
I'm worried too psychology at Bournemouth is my insurance and if I don't get in to my firm I'm really not sure I want to go to Bournemouth :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending