Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I've just finished my first year at uni, and had a somewhat turbulent one.

I was taken massively ill on 2 separate occasions during the course of the year and had to miss doing my exams. I missed 70 credits going over the 60 credit rule. Despite appeals to the Board, Pro Vice Chancellor, etc, by myself and my department in light of exceptional circumstances, I was refused the chance to 'resit' the exams in the summer holidays, despite never taking them anyway!

I can either go back as a part time external student to complete the credits, but for that I need basically a full time job.

I sort of feel that since I missed so much through being ill and stuff, that I may want to just start over on a similar but different degree. Does anyone know if this can be done, because I am so panicked for the future right now?!

Thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.