Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got an interview for Access to HE Nursing and was wondering what to expect at the interview such as the numeracy and literacy test. Has anybody completed the tests and how easy are they?
    Also I am a single parent to 2 children the youngest being 18 months old and wasn't sure if I would get any help from Student Finance such as a maintenance grant etc. I know I can apply for the 24+ learner loan to pay for the college course as I'm aged 33 years but didn't know what other help I could get if any towards child care, grants etc.
    Any advice and help will be greatly appreciated!!
    Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    If you apply for a maintenance grant they will look at your current situation and you will get a decent amount of loan.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya

Im starting Access to Nursing this September. I found the assessments were easier than I thought. It was general English and Maths on a touch screen computer.

The interview was pretty informal. We talked about future goals, assessment results and I chose the subjects I would like to do. Im doing a part time course over 2 years and chose English Studies, Psychology, Health Studies and Biology... the other options were sociology and law.

I think it all varies with each college, some are stricter than others.

I think you can get financial help if your full time. If ur part time you can only gwt the 24* loan...

If you go through the application on Student Finance England it will tell you. (You have to do this anyway for your 24* loan as the college dont do it for you)

Hope this helps

Claire x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.