Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have a no award for my Higher English. There seems to be a unit missing from my record of attainment also.
    Can someone advise what this means please? I have been unable to check with my school if my folio and all my units have been submitted as the teachers are not back in until the 20th. The admin office advises that appeals are submitted automatically but I don't think that's what I'm looking for here. I just need to know what could have been missed and what the result actually means. If my folio has not been submitted can the external assessment not be marked? I deferred last year and I think there may be some confusion as to what had already been sent (one of the units has last years date on it - one this year and one is not showing at all). If my folio has not been sent can it still be submitted?
    Sorry for the rant - getting stressed because I can't get an answer from my school until next week and I know all my work was completed and should have been included on my results.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by ToffeeCow)
    Hi, I have a no award for my Higher English. There seems to be a unit missing from my record of attainment also.
    Can someone advise what this means please? I have been unable to check with my school if my folio and all my units have been submitted as the teachers are not back in until the 20th. The admin office advises that appeals are submitted automatically but I don't think that's what I'm looking for here. I just need to know what could have been missed and what the result actually means. If my folio has not been submitted can the external assessment not be marked? I deferred last year and I think there may be some confusion as to what had already been sent (one of the units has last years date on it - one this year and one is not showing at all). If my folio has not been sent can it still be submitted?
    Sorry for the rant - getting stressed because I can't get an answer from my school until next week and I know all my work was completed and should have been included on my results.
    If one unit is not showing at all then it probably means your school haven't told the SQA that it's been passed, so you should be talking to your school about that as soon as you get back. Is there an "exam only" grade anywhere on your certificate for English?

ReputationRep:
    Log on to MySQA to see if you passed the unit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No - I'm not seeing 'exam only' on my cert anywhere. That's why I'm thinking they haven't submitted my folio either. I'm assuming that the exam only award is for the external assessment part of the course and this included the folio. I know that the cut off for this was April. Feedback from my teacher was that my folio was good and I completed the front sheet for submission. Can it still be submitted by the school for inclusion if it has been missed/lost by them and I can prove that it was completed on time? Of course I may just have really, really messed up the exam paper. Although I can't imagine how. School is back tomorrow so I'm going in to have a word and see where the issue is.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.