Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    2 weeks ago i stupidly had unprotected oral sex with an ex of mine. It only lasted a couple of seconds before i stopped. There was only a little bit of precum BUT i had a canker sore, which i heard is a passage for hiv into the bloodstream. Thing is i've no idea of his status. I had my annual sti screening 2 months ago and all was cleared. I dunno what to think he was abroad with work for 6 months and i know from past experiences with him that it is possible for him to be doing anything or with anyone.

I dunno if it's regret or guilt or a mixture of both that has me worried. My past relationship was an abusive one and it took me a long time to get away and build my confidence slightly. I think that is where the trust issue is. I'm upset for my lapse in judgement and worried for what i might have exposed myself too. I have another 2 weeks before i can go and get sti checked and if its anything like the last 2 the wait is going to be hell.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    You'll be fine, at least as far as HIV is concerned: no semen in the mouth = basically no risk.

Even with semen in your mouth from someone who is HIV+, you're looking at less than one in a thousand chance of being infected, probably much less.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried asking him about his status or whether he's been having unprotected sex recently?

ReputationRep:
    I asked when was he last tested and it was seven months ago and that came back all clear.... but thats a long time now

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 16, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.