Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you get a minor for having one hand on the steering wheel? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been wondering this. Sometimes I like to have one hand on the steering wheel. Obviously I use both hands for turning and sharp bends.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if it's worth a minor or not, but is it really worth it for your test? Sure, it might be more comfortable for you, but if it is worth a minor then surely it would be best to just follow the rules and keep both hands on the wheel for your test?

ReputationRep:
    If you know it's wrong, and you know why it's wrong, just don't do it.

ReputationRep:
    I know it's wrong, but just before approaching a roundabout, I like to leave my left hand in the gearstick to get ready for gear changes, and extra gear changes if necessary.

I guess I will try keep both hands on the steering wheel then. -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sayonara)
    just before approaching a roundabout, I like to leave my left hand in the gearstick to get ready for gear changes, and extra gear changes if necessary.
    There's nothing wrong with having your hand on the gearstick for a short time, providing your steering is already set to the correct angle for the approach.

Improve your planning skills on the approach and you will only need to change once. You shouldn't have to change several times.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.