The Student Room Group

Want to go to my insurance choice instead of my firm.

my firm choice is exeter to do zoology and my insurance sparsholt college to do animal management. I put down exeter as I was told to put the offer with the higher grades down as the firm. However, I'd prefer to go to sparsholt. I've applied for accomodation at sparsholt and not exeter as I would much prefer to go to sparsholt.
Now I've been told / read that if i get the grades for exeter, then I either have to go there or I go into clearing. So I don't really know what to do as I REALLY want to go to sparsholt.

What do I do?
Original post by Curtiss
my firm choice is exeter to do zoology and my insurance sparsholt college to do animal management. I put down exeter as I was told to put the offer with the higher grades down as the firm. However, I'd prefer to go to sparsholt. I've applied for accomodation at sparsholt and not exeter as I would much prefer to go to sparsholt.
Now I've been told / read that if i get the grades for exeter, then I either have to go there or I go into clearing. So I don't really know what to do as I REALLY want to go to sparsholt.

What do I do?

You hope that you missed the grades for your firm but met your insurance offer.

What you have been told is correct, if you get the grades for Exeter then your insurance has no obligation to take you and you essentially lose your place at Sparsholt. If you want Sparsholt to take you then they would need to pick you up in Clearing.

If you know that you definitely don't want to go to Exeter whatever happens then you are best to contact Exeter at the earliest opportunity to ask them to release you into Clearing. You are then relying on Sparsholt agreeing to take you, so this comes with considerable risk. There is a chance you might not get a place at either! If you still might consider Exeter then your best bet is to see if Sparsholt is in Clearing when the listings come out and call them up tomorrow to see if they'd take you, then get Exeter to release you into Clearing for Sparsholt to pick you up.

It's probably not the news you wanted, but I hope that helps and good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending