Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I recently had a dinner party at my parents house, it was a big thing as my parents were away and it took me ages to convince them that I wouldn't break anything and I would clear up after my friends. We had a dress code and everything and I cooked a three course dinner for 9 people. All of my friends knew how important it was to me apart from my boyfriends best friend and his other half. It was a kind of celebration as I was moving away.

Basicly he acted like a **** all night, spilled FOUR drinks. One over my sister, who was wearing a very expensive dress. Another over the starter. Then two more over the cream carpet in the living room. After the forth spilled drink I poured his drink into a drink a sports drink bottle so he couldn't spill any more.

He ate the rest of the meal with his hands, never realised that eating lasagna with your fingers was possible. Him and his other half had an argument after dinner about her wanting to go home, she was shouting at him and then stormed out slamming the door on us all.

He stayed longer, but she was sending him *****y texts all night after that and he acted like a child for the rest of the evening, complaining that wii bowling was boring and the conversation was boring and everything was boring.

Eventually we got him to leave, but unfortunatly everyone else had to go as well as they were getting a taxi together, he didn't have the money to get one on his own.

Now my boyfriend expects me to be civil and nice to him and I cannot even stand to be around him. What do I do?

Sorry about the rant =S

ReputationRep:
    Don't judge the man on the events of only a night. (He seems like just a very comfortable open fellow.)

ReputationRep:
    It's not just one night, its every night, I had to invite his as they are best friends

ReputationRep:
    He sounds like an idiot, you don't have to invite him round to your house again but if you see him on a night out or something it's better to be civil so it doesn't make things awkward. You don't have to be friends but at the same time you don't want it to come between you and your boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    He was drunk, I know first impressions can leave a mark.. But he could easily have been charming and sweet and really be a complete ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpicyStrawberry)
    He sounds like an idiot, you don't have to invite him round to your house again but if you see him on a night out or something it's better to be civil so it doesn't make things awkward. You don't have to be friends but at the same time you don't want it to come between you and your boyfriend.
    Thanks, thats very true, he has a habit of getting involved in peoples relationships and in his words 'controls their relationship as he can get both parties to do what he wants' I'll just keep my distance and be nice when I have to.

Btw, this isn't a new thing, I have known him for 3 years and he's always been the same, just never this extreme and he wasn't drunk as most of his drinks he tipped on the floor.

ReputationRep:
    i would steer clear away from him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pokadot_Panda)
    Thanks, thats very true, he has a habit of getting involved in peoples relationships and in his words 'controls their relationship as he can get both parties to do what he wants' I'll just keep my distance and be nice when I have to.

Btw, this isn't a new thing, I have known him for 3 years and he's always been the same, just never this extreme and he wasn't drunk as most of his drinks he tipped on the floor.
    Wait, what? He did it intentionally?

If someone messed my carpet up I would go ape **** on them regardless of whose friend they are Which is probably why my other half keeps his 'silly' friends far away from me :laugh:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.