Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I'll be going to U of York for law this upcoming school year and I'll be in Goodricke College. Anyone else???

Anyhow, will you all arrive on 28/29? What if we arrive earlier or if we arrive later? Also I saw on the website that there is an orientation schedule, are we suppose to attend all of those events?

I'm nervous as heck. I've never even been in the UK...

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

We're the Goodricke JCRC (Junior Common Room Committee) here to answer any questions or queries you might have about the college, accommodation, Freshers Week, your course and York in general.

Anything you want to know - just ask!

Cheers guys and good luck tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    Goodricke are so easy to find online and have way more information for 2013 arrivals. What is Langwith doing?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm doing law as well. So happy that I got into Goodricke

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be living in Kenneth Dixon Court, Block A, Flat 25. Does any of you happen to know whether this is a 6- or a 12-person flat? Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellenne)
    I'm going to be living in Kenneth Dixon Court, Block A, Flat 25. Does any of you happen to know whether this is a 6- or a 12-person flat? Thank you!
    Sorry, I don't know the answer but was wondering how you knew your Court and flat no. already?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawGeekClare)
    Sorry, I don't know the answer but was wondering how you knew your Court and flat no. already?
    I did the IB so I applied with the unconditionals a couple of weeks ago

ReputationRep:
    I did the IB so I applied with the unconditionals a couple of weeks ago
    Ahh, cool. What are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, cool. What are you studying?[/SIZE]
    English literature. Have you been thinking about which societies you'll join?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm in Goodricke also. Studying Physics with Astrophysics, anyone else studying Physics?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Kenneth Dixon Court and I'm studying History (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flandalf)
    I'm in Kenneth Dixon Court and I'm studying History (:
    Which flat will you be staying in?

ReputationRep:
    Which flat will you be staying in?
    Hey, I'm in one of the couples studio apartments in flat 3! Can't remember the full details and I can't seem to get into e:Vision but that's the gist of it, not sure if I got an exact room number.

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait to come to York! Going to Goodricke and Computer Science anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    English literature. Have you been thinking about which societies you'll join?
    Maybe Karate and probably Harry Potter but I haven't thought too much about it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gliese)
    Hey, I'm in Goodricke also. Studying Physics with Astrophysics, anyone else studying Physics?
    Great course and brilliant username If you have any questions about the department, course, uni or whatever drop me a message.

ReputationRep:
    I got into Janet Baker on the ground floor

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanderdecken)
    Great course and brilliant username If you have any questions about the department, course, uni or whatever drop me a message.
    Haha thanks, I appreciate the offer

And regarding Goodricke, I'm in Kenneth Dixon Court now

ReputationRep:
    This is a 12 person flat

ReputationRep:
    I got into Janet Baker on the ground floor

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! I'm on the ground floor too! What flat are you in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.