Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Summer Project - Graphic Arts Watch

ReputationRep:
    So this post is just to try and get the ball rolling on the summer project I've been set (between years 1 and 2 of uni).

We've been given 5 words, and asked to choose 1 and develop a visual response.

The words are: Process, Alienate, Persuasion, Dominate, Alternate.

I've got a few ideas in my head. I'm currently leaning towards alternate or maybe dominate. I'm just about to start doing some brainstorming and research in my sketchbook. I thought I'd ask anyone to give me their input into their interpretations of the words or what comes to mind when they think of each one, so feel free to do so.

I'll also hopefully be keeping a blog/record as the project progresses (on my blog: www.fuzzpix.com/blog) which will hopefully be useful for anyone who is thinking of doing an art degree at uni, and wants to see the kind of work you'll be doing and how you go about completing a very open ended project like this.

So any help along the way is appreciated. Don't make it too easy for me and tell me fully thought out final pieces. Just thoughts or ideas is great which might spark a few of my own. Also a perspective from an illustrator or writer, or anyone who isn't specifically a designer might be interesting.

Thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.